Item Grinding (Guide)/Formatting
This should be considered a template for how the Item Grinding pages preferably should look, but also use common sense. The subguide was originally made on a user page (Credit to User:OuroborusInc), and as such has a personal feel.
The Sub-Area Issue
Lots of areas have sub-areas - Ealing Gardens has Helicon House, the Flit has Plan a Heist and On a Heist, and so on. When should I list sub-areas versus areas? This is a subjective judgement of how much they 'feel like' places in their own right, but I'll stick it here anyway so my subjective decisions are at least consistent.
- A Flash Lay - under Social Engagements; not sure how often it'll turn up anyway
- A hidden camp nestled in the woods of Balmoral - under Balmoral, no way am I typing that out every time
- A Trade in Reputations - listed; has its own deck and everything
- Adulterine Castle - listed, unless the Hurlers are also listed
- An Exceptional Library - this won't come up
- Area-Diving in Spite - under Spite; I regularly forget that it exists
- Base-Camp - same arragement as the Castle; only listed if the Quarter isn't
- Cave of the Nadir - listed
- Concord Square - listed, I guess?
- Crowds of Spite - listed; it has its own map thing and a substantial amount of content
- Dept. of Menace Eradication - listed
- Doubt Street - definitely listed
- Evenlode Courts - under Magistracy of the Evenlode; I didn't even know this existed until I went on the Places page
- Far Beyond the Cordon - under Moulin
- Helicon House - only listed if Ealing isn't
- On a Heist - only listed if the Flit isn't
- Plan a Heist - never listed. The fact that heists require three different locations is baffling to me, and I refuse to acknowledge it unless I have to
- Reflection of your Laboratory - under Laboratory
- The Archaeological Institute - under Moulin
- The Clay Quarters - listed, purely because I think they don't get as much attention as they deserve
- The Dolorous Pavilion - listed
- The Empress' Court - listed
- The Gates of Hell - under Marigold
- The Rat-Market - listed
- The Wellspring of Moulin - under Moulin; I don't think it features many notable grinds, but it does crop up in a few heist grinds
- University Laboratory - listed
- Veilgarden (Party) - under Veilgarden
There are some grinds, like shipping crates from the Khanate or selling Station VIII stuff to that one Academic, that intrinsically require going between multiple places. I think this should be represented by (most inaccessible place)/.../(most accessible place), with the last location just being London if it's in London, eg The Copper Quarter/London, Station VIII/London
Places should appear in increasing order of entry requirements then in alphabetical order, with multi-place grinds being sorted lexicographically; eg The Copper Quarter, The Copper Quarter/London, Whatever Comes After The Copper Quarter.
- Starting Locations
- Ladybones Road
- Watchmaker's Hill
- A Place to Live
- Your Activities
- Your Lodgings
- Your Social Engagements
- Settled In
- Arbor, of the Roses
- Dept. of Menace Eradication
- Mrs Plenty's Carnival
- The Crowds of Spite
- The Flit
- The Medusa's Head
- The Museum of Prelapsarian History
- The Singing Mandrake
- Requires Flit
- The Rat Market
- Increasing MYN to 1
- Moloch Street
- MYN 3
- A Flash Lay (listed under Your Activities)
- The Clay Quarters
- Area-Diving in Spite (listed under Spite)
- Increasing MYN to 4
- The Shuttered Palace
- Wolfstack Docks
- Requires Docks
- The Blind Helmsman
- Increasing MYN to 5
- The Forgotten Quarter
- Requires Quarter
- Base-Camp (usually under Quarter)
- Requires Base-Camp and work
- The Cave of the Nadir
- MYN 5
- Plan a Heist/On a Heist (usually under Flit)
- The Empress' Court
- Increasing MYN to 6
- The University
- MYN 6
- Mahogany Hall
- The Labyrinth of Tigers (can technically be entered at MYN 5, but that's quite expensive)
- Becoming PoSI
- Bazaar Side-streets
- Concord Square
- A Trade in Reputations
- Doubt Street
- University Laboratory
- Wilmot's End
- PoSI & MYN 7
- The Foreign Office
- Requires Lab
- The Bone Market
- Parabolan Base-Camp
- Reflection of Your Laboaratory (under Lab)
- The Chessboard
- The Dome of Scales
- The Waswood
- Viric Jungle
- Dolorous Pavilion
- Overzee Stuff
- Hunter's Keep
- Mangrove College
- Mutton Island
- Overzee & Voyage of Scientific Discovery
- Bullbone Island
- Corpsecage Island
- Grunting Fen
- Overzee & Dilmun Club
- The Court of the Wakeful Eye
- Overzee & Foreign Office
- Port Carnelian
- Overzee & Items
- Iron Republic Streets (display as Iron Republic)
- Port Cecil
- Railway, in order
- Ealing Gardens
- Jericho Locks
- The Magistracy of the Evenlode
- The Copper Quarter (actually overzee but needs Balmoral)
- Khan's Heart (needs Copper Quarter)
- Station VIII
- The Hurlers
- Marigold Station
- amount for action; this requires at least actions actions per reliquary [alt: averages amount per action]. See carousel guide for more information
- amount per action for action when storylet, eventually paid out via payout; requires setup actions of setup. See guide for more information.
- amount for the ending ending of the campaign campaign. See Parabolan War (Guide) for more information.
- amount for action; requires having achieved the ending ending of the campaign campaign and not started another campaign since. See Parabolan War (Guide) for more information.
- amount for action, for a total of amount2 over the course of the actions-action guide carousel.
- amount for action; averages apa per action. See guide for more information
- A variable amount for action; this carousel provides a variety of Rag Trade and Wild Words items, averaging around 4 EPA. See The Maze-Garden (Guide) for more information.
- Can be purchased from shop for amount (markup% markup)
- Can be purchased for amount when the Rat-Wind blows direction the Rat-Moon is phase
- amount for action; costs -amount CP Casing...
- amount for conclusion when robbing start; see On a Heist (Guide) for more information
- amount [on average] for completing an expedition to conclusion; see Forgotten Quarter Expeditions (Guide) for more information.
- An amount depending on your Monograph's quality (potentially up to amount) when selling to buyer; see Writing a Monograph (Guide) for more information.
- 1 for selling an Exceptional Thesis to buyer; see Writing a Monograph (Guide) for more information.
- amount; works out at apa per action when using the strategy outlined in the guide.
- amount for action; costs esteem Esteem of the Guild and actions actions. See Canal Cruising in Jericho Locks (Guide) for more information.
- Cracking open a crate from the the Peaceable & Godly Trading Company has a chance chance of giving amount
- amount for conclusion; requires at least actions actions [and x n Intercepted Cablegram. You can obtain the cablegrams at an average of 0.3*n actions for n via Tap the underzee cable]. See Khaganian Intrigue (Guide) for more information.
- amount or amount for action or action when intervening in a Dockers' brawl. The former gives at most apa per action (apa per action if you have a Special Dispensation and are brawling on the side of order) and the latter gives at most apa per action with harder checks. See Brawling with Dockers (Guide) for more information.
- Upconverting item; with item sourced from grind, this gives apa per action
- Side-converting from Newspaper-sourced Journal of Infamy; this gives apa per action.
- amount on average for action; takes at least amount actions [and a beast]. See Breeding Monsters (Guide) for more information.
- 3000 / 6000 for action; with Inspired... sourced from The lead or Seek inspiration from your Prismatic Squidling, this takes 22 / 42 actions and averages 136 / 143 per action. With Inspired... sourced from Composition: the high path, this becomes 20 / 38 actions and 150 / 158 per action, if you can reliably get 125 honey per action from the lab. See Carving out a Reputation at Court (Guide) for more information.
- amount for action, requiring on average actions actions and cost in materials. See Fidgeting Writer (Guide) for more information.