Treasures of the Neath (Guide)
|This guide is incomplete. You can help by expanding it.
What needs work: An approximate action cost (or Echo value) for getting these things would be nice touch to inform the curious. Also please feel free to add any qualities/items that you feel are fitting, but are missing from here (format is acquisition then value and uses description).
This page contains details about Fallen London Actions.
COME ONE COME ALL! With the TREASURES of the NEATH GUIDE to the BAZAAR'S FIFTH CITY, all shall GLIMPSE the EXCEPTIONAL and EXCLUSIVE CONDITIONS AND ITEMS known ONLY to the MOST OUTSTANDING of INDIVIDUALS! MARVEL at the UNFEASIBLE BENEFITS of these SINGULAR QUALITIES! BE AWED by the EYE-WATERING PRICES and IMPLAUSIBLE PRECONDITIONS of GREAT ITEMS!
- very expensive and/or time consuming to acquire/raise,
- have zero or few actual uses, and
- are achieved/collected almost purely for the sake of vanity/perfectionism/realizing personal dedication.
This Guide is mainly a collection of these things and their procurement, made to serve people with such ambitions, and to provide (lightly humorous) relative perspective of their value for the curious. They mainly stand as goals to dedicated endgame Players. Read with caution and in stable sitting position in case of fainting!
Only includes qualities/items that are currently obtainable, and have no FATE cost (with one minimal exception).
Physical items. Mostly. Things that show up under the "Possessions" Tab.
The T8 Collection
"All the Jewels in your crown"
Collect all 14 of the most valuable items (known as T8 items) that are worth ~1562.50 each. Simple as that! As a fun fact, one of them is only available for roughly 2 weeks each year. (Side-note: You don't want to get that many Certifiable Scrap)
These items are pure value, they are not equip-able. Their uses are rare (or non-existent) but who knows when an opportunity could come up? And most of them can be easily sold to the Bazaar anytime should you need quick cash.
|Vial of Masters' Blood|
|Reported Location of a One-Time Prince of Hell|
|Immaterial Material||Discordant Studies|
|A Sealed Copy of the Crimson Book||Only during Whitsun, exchange a Vial of Masters' Blood for it|
|Breath of the Void|
|Secret College||Exchange a Powder of Renewal for it, after reaching Station VIII|
|Fluke-Core||In the Cave of the Nadir, ask an expensive question|
|Powder of Renewal||Make it in Station VIII from Unthinkable Hope|
|A Tasting Flight of Targeted Toxins||Create it from a vast collection of toxic ingredients|
|Discordance Stone||Discordant Studies|
|scream that's not stuck in your throat like a stone||Discordant Studies|
"Merciless grinding, unshakable dedication"
Just buy these items in the Bazaar (or the Upper River Exchange)! They might be a little expensive though.
Even with the best of the current money-making methods, it takes 4-8 months of real time grinding, if you use all 144 of your actions each day to make the needed Echoes/Script. If that seems like a lot just remember that a few years ago it would've taken more that 1,5 years. Fun fact: As of yet, nobody has acquired all three of these! Consult these pages: Money-Making, Hinterland Scrip-Making
- Firkin of Hesperidean Cider ( 160 000) "The OG"
- Wipes Wounds, free bailout from the Boatman
- Gives annoying dreams when sipped
- Can offer sips to friends
- Your Very Own Miniature Hellworm ( 200 000)
Companion"Ain't it cute?"
- Very fluffy
- Can be milked ("worm gacha") after sufficient play-time on its card (8 actions), which produces a random liquid from the game chosen from 31
- Milked liquids stretch from a single bottle of Bottle of Greyfields 1879 to Vial of Cantigaster Venom (which was previously FATE-locked) and Vial of Masters' Blood, one of the T8 items
- Turns into a Transport (see below) for an additional 200 000
- Your Very Own Hellworm, Saddled and Bridled ( 400 000)
Transport"Terrorizing the Hinterlands with a friend""
- Unknown effect (since nobody has one yet)
- Transport instead of Companion
Companion "SEVEN INTO SEVEN INTO SEVEN"
It removes all the amazing Watchful stats the previous Goat-steps provide, but it does grant +3 Caprine Authority, which is pretty cool, right? Right?! You can also build a statue for it at the Hurlers, and it has an option on a Hurlyburly card.
Affiliation "Pardon me, haven't we already met?"
Have a statue of yourself at each and every station of the Great Hellbound Railway. All of them. And pay an extra of 7000 x Soul, 700 x Hinterland Scrip, 70 x Memory of a Much Lesser Self and 7 x Direful Reflection.
Companion "A prized artifact of the RNGods"
Has "Guide": Bundle of Oddities (Guide)
Hit the exact value of 1000 (chance of 1/1000) from Opening a Bundle of Oddities. Has no use, naturally. Only 3 actions give high enough Bundle values to even have a chance. These are:
- Let's see... (Sent by friends through a Standard card or gotten from a Very Infrequent card)
- Grab whatever you can carry (Rare card)
- Call in favours with the Gracious Widow (Specific statue)
Weapon "Giving up on giving up everything"
Has Guide: Seeking Mr Eaten's Name (Guide)
Walk the entire self-destructive path of SMEN, famous for its painful and arduous ways, and choose to turn back at the very end. Hope you like candles!
As a consolation, this is the Best-in-slot slot item for BDR. Is it worth it scarring yourself forever for just for that? You decide!
Metaphysical items. Mostly. Things that show up under the "Myself" Tab. Some of these are commonly referred to as Vanity Qualities.
The Main Four
Each of the four Main Attributes has a special Quality associated with them. All of them have the same maximum value, 21, and only this maximum level counts as the full completion. Except for Twilit Smuggler, they require stats around 300 (with equipment) to reach the highest levels.
|Attribute||Name||~ Cost||~Action cost|
|Watchful||A Scholar of the Correspondence||N/A||N/A|
|Dangerous||Defender of the Public Safety||N/A||N/A|
"Where did my eyebrows go?"
Has Guide: A Scholar of the Correspondence (Guide)
Likely the most useful of the Vanity Qualities, having a good range of uses (see the above guide for all uses). Tends to crop up in new content too! Reaching level 21 gives the quality description "Courier's Footprint" (very fancy!). Enables a statue of yourself at Jericho Locks.
- Sleeping on Weird Stones
- Going mad in some ruins
- Writing a ton of symphonies and getting beaten up each time
- Publishing a million Newspapers to spend the spoils on painstakingly learning 1 CP at a time
- Having 300 Watchful
- (Or cheesing it with a lot of help from friends)
"That dumbwaiter is HOW long?"
- Having Renown: Criminals 40 to even begin
- Smuggling a bunch of exotic items to a Surface agent with very little compensation
- Need for a good amount of expensive items (including Fragment of the Tragedy Procedures, Oneiric Pearl, Legenda Cosmogone, Fabulous Diamond, Corresponding Sounder and Vial of Masters' Blood, among other things)
- Succeeding on higher and higher Shadowy checks
- Base Shadowy of 215 (without equipment), and a half developed Railway
"Liberator of Stoves!!"
Has no Guide, but quite straight forward: Defender of the Public Safety (story)
- Going on a killing spree in Parabola
- Alternatively, going on hunting expeditions with the club
- Having 290 Dangerous, and a half developed Railway
"All this honey is purely for my artistic inspirations"
Has Guide: Poet-Laureate (Guide)
- Getting purposefully banished, then restored to the Court of Her Enduring Majesty
- Getting high on Honey to get inspired
- Writing many, many Minor Works
- Having 290 Persuasive
"Join me for a ride, peasant!"
Has Guide: Paramount Presence (Guide)
Embark on a journey to collect London's Innards! Well, not literally. Should being a normal Person of Some Importance not cut it for you, step beyond! Cycle through all the 4 specializations, proving your fame and influence in London! Drive, dreams, money, and desires shall be tested!
With such status you can:
- Tutor a Protégé in two stats at once
- Invite other patrons to private hansom rides
- Get a Magnificient Feast once per playthrough of a particular Exceptional Story
Requirements apart from grinding 12 Notability 4 times to go between specializations (only one is needed in each case):
Of course, the true vanity would be achieving all 12 despite needing only 4.
"We'll laugh about this in a year..."
Keep your Noman (from Christmas) alive until The Lady in Lilac arrives during the Feast of the Exceptional Rose to get a private tattoo of your noman. Likely requires a few months of preparation to stock up on Vial of Tears of the Bazaar and materials to buy Unusual Pail of So-Called Snow from the Urchins when the Season comes.
Its uses are purely sentimental - that is to say, there aren't any.
These are true vanities, really only giving personal satisfaction. Certain accumulating qualities have level descriptions (known as QLDs), changing based on the level of that quality. As a recurring theme in the game, qualities like that reach their final description at level 777. (As 7 Is the number, after all.) The difficulty of raising these range from 1 action/level to every point being card based or costing 70-75 . Some are still unknown, and new ones tend to appear.
- A Historian of the Neath: Your historical theories are foundational, ubiquitous, inescapable, ironclad
- Dedicated Brawler: Your crate acquisitions at the Blind Helmsman would supply cities and bankrupt moderate-sized corporations
- Dream-Trophies of Parabola: Your Parabolan hunts are legend. The courtiers of the Red-Handed Queen have been known to lurk and watch the sport
- Fabricator of Past Lives: No biographical encyclopedia ever written suffices to catalog all the alternate identities you've foisted on the world
- Familiarity with the Carpenter's Granddaughter: N/A
- Meals Served at Station VIII: A handful of visitors have come all the way from the Surface to dine at your table
- Oneiropomp: You have become one of the Powers of Parabola
- Painter of Fine Art: You have painted so many paintings that you are singly blamed for the Great Canvas Shortage of 1898
- Palaeontologist: Your skeletal reconstructions grace every spare corner in London
- Record of Successful Forgery: N/A
- Teaching Reputation of Your Laboratory: Your former students could populate their own corner of London
- The Prestige of your Laboratory: Your laboratory's reputation is known even in the High Wilderness
Faction Renown 55
"Known to All"
Has Guide: Factions (Guide)
Faction Renown ceases to be of much use after 40 (at which point they provide a unique item). However the maximum Renown is 55 in each case. Why? To please the completionists, perhaps. And at 50, each has its unique final QLD!
The trick here is that Raising Renown requires higher and higher base stats. The levels above 50 (when the stat requirements goes above 300) will most likely require a Mood to be reachable and those are Rare. You won't have time to get the same Favours in a hour while it lasts. Not to mention that at this point you almost need two sets of Favours for a single level! You'll have plenty of time collecting Favours while you wait for Mood cards!
- Renown: Bohemians: For better or for worse, the world will never create as it did before you came along
- Renown: Constables: They say you are the spirit of the Law
- Renown: Criminals: They say it was you who stole the Sun
- Renown: Hell: Book of Everlasting Chimes 2:39: And know the name in London, for it is written
- Renown: Revolutionaries: The Thirteenth Month in the Calendar
- Renown: Rubbery Men: OTHATHAROOTH!
- Renown: Society: It is said that Her Imperial Highness has spoken your name
- Renown: The Church: The Church has already reasoned how to canonise you after your death
- Renown: The Docks: They say your veins run thick with gold and salt.
- Renown: The Great Game: You are the pawn who reached D8
- Renown: Tomb-Colonies: When you don the bandages, they will chant your name
- Renown: Urchins: They say you are a stalwart champion of all urchins. They also continue to refer to you as 'Oi!'