Ambition: Nemesis (Broad Guide)
This is meant to be a spoiler-minimal guide to Ambition: Nemesis. It will not feature a step by step walk-through, so if you are stuck don't look here. Instead, the point is to give you a hint what to grind in preparation for the next step. Anything which can be gained within 20 actions (without cards) is generally not listed here.
Hints on what materials to bring along will only be given for hard to access storylets like sea voyages.
Beginning (Ambition: Nemesis 1-30)
- Route: The Shuttered Palace
- Route: The Forgotten Quarter
- Route: Wolfstack Docks
- Route: The University
- 3500 x Drop of Prisoner's Honey
Oversea Location (Ambition: Nemesis 31-36)
To unlock, you will need:
- A Ship, guide can be found here: Ship Guide
- Renown: Hell 10. Guide here: Raising Favours
- 3x Mark of Credit Page: this will take some time, so start and grind Counting the Days as soon as you can. Using the guide: Spending Secrets and Counting the Days (Guide) will help you progress through this optimally.
Before you start your voyage, you will also want to have:
London (Ambition: Nemesis 37-90)
- A Scholar of the Correspondence as high as you can easily grind it (see: A Scholar of the Correspondence (Guide)).
- (110 - 5 × Scholar) x Compromising Document
- (110 - 5 × Scholar) x Correspondence Plaque
- (2 - Scholar / 15) x Searing Enigma
- (4 - Scholar / 10) x Uncanny Incunabulum
Level 8 is recommended, since that is the breakpoint for saving one of the Searing Enigmas
- 4-12 x Extraordinary Implication (4 per guess, 3 possible answers)
Guessing/Deduction (Independent from above):
- 2-12 x An Identity Uncovered! (2 answers required, 14 possible answers, 2 of which don't consume)
- 1 x Favours: Criminals
- 10 x Compromising Document (Not consumed)
- 500 x Cryptic Clue
- 2 x Extraordinary Implication
- 2 x Volume of Collated Research
After that, you will need:
- Heartless + Ruthless at least ten or 200 x Tale of Terror!!
- 20 x Whisper-Satin Scrap
- 20 x Thirsty Bombazine Scrap
- 2 x Bejewelled Lens
- 2 x Primordial Shriek
Remembering Something (Nemesis 100-150)
- 77 x Romantic Notion
- 1 x Bat with Attitude
- 6500 x Lump of Lamplighter Beeswax
- 1 x Searing Enigma
- Access to either Port Carnelian or The Mind of a Long-Dead God. The former is grindable, the latter might take many months of drawing cards and will only be accessible one time before grinding is needed again.
- 100 x Cryptic Clue
Something about some book (Ambition: Nemesis 160-190)
- 1 x Uncanny Incunabulum
- 5 x Volume of Collated Research
- 5 x Presbyterate Passphrase
- 7 x Favours: Bohemians or 7 x Favours: Criminals
- Forceful 3 or 3 x Personal Recommendation
The following subsections can be done in any order
Something about some sin
- 5 x Favours: Society, 5 x Favours: Bohemians, 5 x Favours: Revolutionaries, or Profession: Licentiate
- 250 x Romantic Notion, 50 x Compromising Document, or A Poet-Laureate
- 3 x Blackmail Material
Something about a little something, and something whole
- some 10000 x Echo, plus up to 2700 more if you have bad luck
Instead of soley relying on the Bazaar, you can also buy the needed item from the The Rat Market, which may increase your effective EPA. Certain professions may be of use here. For example, when The Rat Market is buying Uncanny Incanabula, Silverers can sell their weekly pay for Rat-Shillings.
The above will probably take some 2500 actions at 3.8 EPA, which is almost 11 days if you do not waste any actions, and probably at least a month if you need to sleep or work.
You will need to farm up and pass a check for a certain quality. This quality is discrete, so one level is one level, no CP nonsense.
|Sulky Bat||100||5 x Quality||3 x Quality
-1 x Sulky Bat
|Fairly Tame Sorrow-Spider||75||10 x Quality||5 x Quality|
|Complaisant Frost-Moth||250||You're done||15 x Quality|
|Rattus Faber Bandit-Chief||200||You're done||5 x Quality|
Final steps (Ambition: Nemesis 200-4500)
Before going, consider packing:
- optionally, 1 x Night-Whisper and 3 x Antique Mystery
- optionally, 11 x Antique Mystery and 100 x Ostentatious Diamond
- optionally, 2 x Vital Intelligence
- optionally, 1 x Judgements' Egg
All of these are optional and probably not worth from a mechanical point of view. Bring a few second chances and be prepared to lose a level of some of your attributes (like in the Nadir), and you will be fine.
Afterwards, there is a choice which will get you your secondary ambition item. The former choice (something something unchain) eventually gives you an Affiliation item with
The latter choice gives you a Home Comfort
After a few steps, you get to make another choice. One will give you an item of type Clothing with
The other will give you an item whose type will become apparent by then with
And that is it. Congratulations on achieving your Ambition.