You are becoming known for your uncertain loyalties. [Don't let this rise beyond 3, or you may find options closed to you.]
See Category:A Turncoat for pages which require this quality (or specific levels of it), or click to show them.
Unlocked at Menace Level: 4
- Somewhat Untrustworthy [Your apparent change in loyalties has raised eyebrows.]
- Somewhat Untrustworthy [Commentators are puzzled by the true nature of your loyalties. Perhaps you are not to be trusted...]
- Somewhat Untrustworthy [You are becoming known as a creature of inconstant loyalties.]
- Beyond the Pale [You have changed sides once too often. You are not to be trusted.
Wiki note: Anything above 4 shares the same message
A Turncoat is primarily increased by switching sides during A Boxful of Intrigue, based on whether your A Power in Waiting quality is set to A Guardian of the Realm or The Conscience of Empire. (This is initially set in the storylet The Troubles So Far: choosing Those who govern sets it to The Conscience of Empire, while choosing Those who are governed sets it to A Guardian of the Realm.)
To avoid gaining A Turncoat during A Boxful of Intrigue, choose the option listed below your side on these storylets, which will also gain CP in Empire's Kingmaker:
A Turncoat can also increase during the Family and Law story if you switch sides between the Cheery Man and the Last Constable.
- Working with the Last Constable: Abandon her or Off to the Cheery Man
- Working with the Cheery Man: Go to the Constable
Finally, it can increase in these other storylets: