Item Grinding (Guide)
|This guide is incomplete. You can help by expanding it.
For the old version of this guide, click here.
Grinds vs. carousels vs. conversions
For the purposes of this guide, a grind is a single repeatable action that reliably gives decent quantities of the expected item at little or no cost (besides actions). Grinds tend to generate lower-tier items, like Shards of Glim and Primordial Shrieks. For higher-tier items, you'll likely need to convert or do a carousel.
A carousel is a repeatable multi-action process. This guide includes some carousels, as these can also be considered a type of grind. Carousels involve going through a set series of actions, sometimes more than once, and often require raising a quality to a certain level and then cashing it out. Examples include the Boxful of Intrigue carousel (often used to obtain Mourning Candles), Dramatic Tension carousels War of Assassins and Wilmot's End (for Collections of Curiosities), and the various Arbor grinds. Another type of carousel involves a series of item conversions—notably the Cross conversion carousel for 50p items, which converts 50 of each item to 51 of the next and also raises Making Waves at certain points.
The third major way to obtain significant quantities of an item in Fallen London is to convert other items. This includes up-conversions (e.g., 50 x Drops of Prisoner's Honey to 10 x Romantic Notions) and side-conversions (e.g., 50 x Compromising Documents to 51 x Memories of Light). An expandable table cafor these can be found below.
The next sections list some of the most accessible and efficient grinds/carousels, and their requirements, for easy reference. Actions that are non-repeatable, or not easily repeatable (e.g., opportunity cards), are not included.
Academic items include: Foxfire Candle Stub, Flask of Abominable Salts, Memory of Distant Shores, Unprovenanced Artefact, and Volume of Collated Research.
- Using the Flint or Dagger grind under the University, it is possible to get a maximum of 250 foxfire candle stubs per action, after a 4 action initial investment (1 action to choose Flint or Dagger, 2 actions to get the prerequisite 50 Bees, then one action to cash out Bees with Send a small amount of Bees to Hell). You can choose either a Watchful or Dangerous 88 challenge, requiring 147 in either stat for a 100% chance, which gives 25 bees per action. Requires 16 actions to get 3000 stubs which is a far better grind than any of the other options here, if you are exclusively looking to stockpile candle stubs for, say, a particular plant's daily sacrifices.
- 5 + Approximate Value of Your Skeleton in Pennies/50 x Memory of Distant Shores for selling to the Tentacled Entrepreneur
- Sideconvert from Scrap of Incendiary Gossip acquired from publishing seditious newspapers.
- x 4/5 by Offer the Storm-bird to Fingerkings in Parabola with a Storm-bird and the Dome of Scales occupied by the Fingerkings
- (20 + ( Approximate Value of Your Skeleton in Pennies + Zoological Mania Bonus / 50)) x for selling to the Pedagogically Inclined Grandmother
Book items include: Revisionist Historical Narrative, Corrective Historical Narrative, Slim Volume of Bazaarine Poetry, Page of Cryptopalaeontological Notes, Page of Prelapsarian Archaeological Notes, and Page of Theosophistical Notes.
Examples of where they can be acquired from:
- Historical narratives can be created at Stay a little while in The Waswood (gives also +1 CP Mithridacy):
- Graduate the Gifted Student gives 1 x Slim Volume of Bazaarine Poetry.
- Notes can be acquired from scientific voyages. See Embarking on a Voyage of Scientific Discovery (Guide).
Cartography items include: Shard of Glim, Map Scrap, Zee-Ztory, Partial Map, Puzzling Map, Cartographer's Hoard, and Collection of Curiosities.
- A Thunderstorm of Morality or An Innocent Fictional Scene provides x 6000 at up to 150 glim/action depending on method.
- x 1872 for Rob the Glim Shipment: Wait until it docks and rob the warehouse
- x 1296 for Rob the Glim Shipment: Rob the glim ship
- x 420 for A round of well-intentioned backslapping in exchange for 1 x Favours: The Docks
- x 250 from below Spite in the Underclay Quarters (once setup actions are complete)
- x 6 for Divide your Almanac into Glass Gazettes.
- x 1 is generated each time you spend 2 actions for Arrive at an Oneiromantic Revelation and Translate your learning into a series of Vitreous Almanacs.
- x 1 for ~5 actions in the The Sunken Embassy
- x 1 for ~20-26 actions in the The Sunken Embassy
- x 1 from upconverting x 100 Sighting of a Parabolan Landmark
Contraband items include: Flawed Diamond, Ostentatious Diamond, London Street Sign, Use of Villains, Comprehensive Bribe, Magnificent Diamond, Rookery Password, and Fabulous Diamond.
- x 1 or more from Inspire her to imagine His Amused Lordship as a historical figure, requires at least x 7
- x 5 for Exchange a considerable quantity of Connections for London Street Signs; costs 3 x Favours: Society
- x 21 from Sell to the Enterprising Boot Salesman when using the Leg Horse recipe. The Enterprising Boot Salesman is not always available.
The Henchman and the Accomplice opportunity card
- x 7 from Make use of this new development; costs Ostentatious Diamond x 2 and costs 1 x Favours: Criminals
An Implausible Penance opportunity card
- x 1 for Deliver the crate to the Widow, but first need to get Unassuming Crate from The warehouses of the Peaceable & Godly Trading Company in The Copper Quarter.
Currency items include: Fistful of Surface Currency and Justificande Coin.
- x 84 for Accept a share of the coffer of Admiralty coinage or Claim the coffer of Admiralty coinage; this nets about x 48 per action, see Brawling with Dockers (Guide) for more information.
- x 500-750 for Sell her an Epaulette Mate; Epaulette Mates can be sourced from The Chessboard, so this averages up to x 50-75 per action.
- Sell to the Dreary Midnighter requires a skeleton that is neither chimera or Curator, with no Skeleton: Amalgamy or Skeleton: Support for a Counter-church Theology, and is only available on some weeks. Gives an amount of Surface Currency equal to (100 + (( Approximate Value of Your Skeleton in Pennies + Zoological Mania Bonus) / 3).
- x 400 for A bag of jangling coins on A Gift from the Capering Relicker; if Someone Is Coming is sourced at 1CP/action, this gives x36.4 per action.
- x 333 for A sack of coins on Secrets and Spending; when sourcing Counting the Days via the usual carousel, this averages x 15.1 per action.
- x 200 for Supply Halcyonic Tonic to a Surface Power on the Upper River card The Railway and the Great Game. It takes on average 6 actions and 2 x Extraordinary Implication to obtain the Halcyonic Tonic.
- Selling lightbulbs gives x 400 on a failure; the Currency/action of this method depends heavily on how low you can get your Persuasive and how efficiently you can get Assortment of Khaganian Coinage.
- x 1 for Accept a share of the coffer of Admiralty coinage
- x 2 for Claim the coffer of Admiralty coinage
- x 3 for A bag of jangling coins on the card A Gift from the Capering Relicker; requires a station at Ealing Gardens. With Someone Is Coming sourced at 1CP/action, this averages x 0.3 per action.
- x 2 for Accept old coins as a reward. This is part of the L.B. Industries Carousel, and averages at most x 1 per 5.5 actions; see L. B. Industries (Guide).
- Cracking open a crate from the the Peaceable & Godly Trading Company has a 1 in 10 chance of giving a Fourth-City Echo.
- x 25 from Grab what else you can on the way out each time you rob Station VIII.
- x 2 from Take charge of the front of house at the cost of -10 CP Tales of Mahogany Hall and +1 CP Plagued by a Popular Song
- Or just exchanging them: x 1 for 75 x Cryptic Clue from Pick out a venom-ruby
- Might be efficient to just exchange x 1 for 3.5 Echoes from Hire Strong-backed Labour
- Can also be acquired x 4 (+ 1 x Use of Villains) from SoaMW, but it's rather cumbersome.
- For larger quantities, Recruit Clay Man labour provides x 2 for x 50 x 50 x 4 x 1 . There's an additional entrance fee which varies by your progress, but is most commonly x 2 . Requires A Finder of Heiresses 1 and A Visitor to the Clay Quarters
- x 3 for only 5 Actions by Send an Unfinished Man to Spite from Underclay (Guide) in Spite
Elder items include: Jade Fragment, Relic of the Third City, Mystery of the Elder Continent, Presbyterate Passphrase, Antique Mystery, Primaeval Hint, and Elemental Secret.
- x 81 for Offer cures for coughs and colds at Persuasive 71
- x 124 for Offer cures for gout, dropsy and scrofula at Persuasive 74; requires x2
- x 300 for Search the lowest Floors at Watchful 220 while Diving in the Magistracy at Diving Depth 6; also gives you x 4 First City Coin
- Heist: Trade your documents with London's Ambassador 4
- Thefts of particular character: Steal an Antique Mystery from Feducci
- Side-convert Journal of Infamy from publishing newspapers and upconvert
- Use 10 actions and a Trade Secret for ...something else to get 5 Antique Mysteries and 1 Searing Enigma.
- Grind Striped Delights at Port Carnelian
Goods items include: Certifiable Scrap, Nevercold Brass Sliver, Piece of Rostygold, and Knob of Scintillack.
- x 97–111 for Instructing a Louche Devil at Persuasive 97–111 correspondingly ( Pygmalion)
- bonus x 1000 for Concentrate on conversation at the resolution of the carousel
- x 102 for Steal props and goods from other theatres at Shadowy 102
- x 380 per action at Watchful 297 for Seek out spy-holes while Seeking Documents in the Sunken Embassy, eventually paid out with Give a binder of documents to the Brass Embassy; requires 4 actions of set-up but has no (observed) maximum payout.
- up to 150 per action for A Drinking Song! when reinstated to court.
- up to 300 per action for Claim the coffer of Admiralty coinage with setup for Intervening in a Dockers' Brawl.
- Selling a skeleton to an Enthusiast of the Ancient World (requires Skeleton: Antiquity) gives x (( Approximate Value of Your Skeleton in Pennies + Zoological Mania Bonus) / 50) .
- x 10 for selling the Enthusiast a Jurassic Thigh Bone. With Thighs sourced from solo brawling, this can reach up to x 5.2 per action.
- x 100 from Steal from Mr Iron's warehouse. This costs x 15 An Identity Uncovered! and at least 4 actions; with Identities sourced at 1/action, this gives at most x 5.3 per action.
- x 20 or 25 for Accept a share of the crates destined for Iron and Misery or Claim the crates destined for Iron and Misery when intervening in a Dockers' brawl. The former gives at most x 4 per action ( x 5 per action if you have a Special Dispensation and are brawling on the side of order) and the latter at most x 5 per action with harder checks. See Brawling with Dockers (Guide) for more information.
- x 8 for Request Bessemer Steel Ingots as pay. This is part of the L.B. Industries carousel, and averages x 2 per action; see L. B. Industries (Guide).
- x 130 for Smuggle in industrial materials on the Upper River card Engage in Some Minor Smuggling; costs x 24 Preserved Surface Blooms, requires Discovered: The Fiddler's Scarlet, Train Baggage Accommodations 4, and Pair of Defenestrating Boots. Sourcing Blooms at 1/action gives x 5.2 per action; more efficient Bloom sources exist.
Great Game items include: Well-Placed Pawn, Final Breath, Moves in the Great Game, Vienna Opening, and Vital Intelligence.
- x 10 for Sell Him Surveys of the Neath's Bones in exchange for x 5 . With surveys sourced from printing a newspaper, this gives up to x 7.2 per action.
- x 4*( Skeleton: Amalgamy)2 (or x 4*( Skeleton: Amalgamy)2.1 in an Amalgamy week) for selling a skeleton to the Tentacled Entrepreneur.
- Variable number of for Hold your breath underwater; a loop detailed here gives around x 7.2 per action depending on your Dangerous.
- x 2 for Sell her a Weasel of Social Discomfiture; neglecting the cost of a Lucky Weasel, this works out to x 1 per action.
- x 3-14 for Take tea with the Diplomat; efficiency depends on how quickly you can get Scrap of Incendiary Gossip. With gossip sourced from Publish a seditious edition, this approaches x 4.6 per action.
- Selling a monograph to The Disgraced Diplomat; see Writing a Monograph (Guide) for more information.
- x 5 for Enter the house (Red); requires having ended up with the Red ending of the Chessboard campaign and not started another campaign since.
- x 2 for Pursue a name written in gant; only available to Licentiates, and requires a social action to play.
- x (1/10) × ( Base Watchful + Base Persuasive) for spending 10 CP of Corresponding... via For the Game. How efficient this is depends on which kinds of letters you send and how efficiently you can obtain the materials you send.
- x 5 for Climb the dome itself (Chessboard); requires Parabolan Dominance 4, and gives 1 CP of Wounds.
- x (18 + Modified Glasswork) for Attend a Shrouded Soirée from the Wrong Side of the Mirror; has a Glasswork 11 check, and required Parabolan Dominance 4 and A Member of the Order of Those Who Will Not Be Caught Red-Handed.
- x 25 for Pit one Varchaasi against another; has a Shadowy 150 and A Player of Chess 6 challenge, and requires you to spend resources depending on Parabolan Dominance to get to Varchas from Behind the Glass.
- The Epaulatte Mate, Queen Mate and draw options for ending a match each give a number of pawns based on your A Player of Chess, Position on the Board: Distance ahead and whether you succeed or fail at the check.
- x 21-27 for Consult the Stewards of the Discordance.
- x 1-3 for Sell Perfumed Gunpowder to Liberationist Revolutionaries on the Upper River card Which meeting?; costs x 4 Perfumed Gunpowder and increases Advancing the Liberation of Night. How efficient this is depends on how efficiently you can source Perfumed Gunpowder.
- x 65 for Supply Halcyonic Tonic to a Surface Power on the Upper River card The Railway and the Great Game. Sourcing a Halcyonic Tonic costs on average 6 actions and x 2 Extraordinary Implication, so this averages less than x 9.3 per action.
Historical items include Trace of the First City, Relic of the Second City, Relic of the Fourth City, Rusted Stirrup, and Silver Cat's Claw.
Infernal items include: Soul, Amanita Sherry, Brilliant Soul, Muscaria Brandy, Brass Ring, Devilbone Die, Queer Soul, Silent Soul, Portfolio of Souls, Bright Brass Skull, and Coruscating Soul.
- x 10.5 per action from Rob the Brass Embassy ( x 500 per theft; IPA calculated assuming grinding casing with the Gang of Hoodlums; requires 171 cp of Casing... to 100% the challenge - if you fail, you go to jail, albeit without increasing A Criminal Record)
- x 60.5 per action on average from The prince of... ( x 1–120 , Shadowy 100 challenge, requires PoSI and Renown: Hell 10
- x 100 per action on average from Attend for a treatment (no challenge; requires Railway and Victoria's Spa at Ealing Gardens; additionally gives 1-2 x Brilliant Soul) or 5-7 x Compromising Document on alternative success.
- x 25 from the Steal Brilliant Souls en route to Hookman House option from Thefts of Particular Character; see the Casing Guide for more info.
- Side-convert Scrap of Incendiary Gossip obtained from Publish a seditious edition resulting in ~ 5.15 per action; plus +1 CP Suspicion and x 1 Favours: Revolutionaries. See the Publishing a Newspaper (Guide) page on how to print an edition.
Influence items include: Stolen Correspondence, Intriguing Snippet, Compromising Document, Secluded Address, Stolen Kiss, Favour in High Places, and Personal Recommendation.
- x 300 for Rob the Chambers of the Duchess: Rob the study; requires Route: The Shuttered Palace
- x 80 for Rob the main archive at the Ministry of Public Decency
- x 40 (alternate: 11–30) for Ambush a few couriers for old times' sake (2 actions) at Shadowy 100; requires PoSI; has a 40% alternative success chance of x 1
- x 300 when you Share what you've learned with a Second-Storey Man at the end of A Boxful of Intrigue carousel (which requires A Survivor of the Affair of the Box 12). Also grants 1 x Favours: Criminals.
- An alternative to buying these at the Bazaar when drawing cards at Wolfstack Docks is to buy Stained Red Velvet Gown and trade these with the Ragsman's Barge for x 300
- x 35 when you Write it all down at the end of A Boxful of Intrigue carousel (which requires A Survivor of the Affair of the Box 12).
- x 7 when you Speak of your work in intimate company at the end of A Boxful of Intrigue carousel (which requires A Survivor of the Affair of the Box 12).
- x 1 per 3 Attar for Gift your Attar in tribute to the Roseate Queen
Legal items include: Infernal Contract, Dubious Testimony, Sworn Statement, and Legal Document.
- x 5 for Contracts and legs from Unfinished Business in Watchmaker's Hill storylet at Dangerous 100; requires PoSI
Writing monographs in Moulin
- x 1 per for Barter your Attar
- x 1 per Permission to Linger for failing at Labour in the temple at Dangerous 75
- x 3 in exchange for 3 for Witness a trial at Watchful 115; requires x 1 which is lost if you fail
- x 1 Cave-Aged Code of Honour from Underclay for 100 x Stone Confessions via Send an Unfinished Man to the Duchess.
Luminosity items include: Lump of Lamplighter Beeswax, Phosphorescent Scarab, Memory of Light, Mourning Candle, Patent Scrutinizer, Eyeless Skull, Bejewelled Lens, and Ray-Drenched Cinder.
NB! Buying Lump of Lamplighter Beeswax and upconverting it is a good way of obtaining Luminosity items, however it increases Advancing the Liberation of Night: with every conversion. Currently ALoN doesn't have any adverse gameplay impact, but this might change in future.
- x 380 per action at Watchful 297 for Seek out spy-holes while Seeking Documents in the Sunken Embassy, eventually paid out with Send a binder of documents to Mount Palmerston; requires 4 actions of set-up.
NB! Best method to get scarabs is to buy Lump of Lamplighter Beeswax and upconvert. Better way with Moloch Street unlocked is Spelunking in the Sunken Embassy which can give you up to 380 beeswax per action after a 4 action tax.
- x 500 (failure: 300) for Breed the Plated Seal via Toadstools and a Stick at Luck 70%
- x 300 (failure: 200) for Breed the Tomb-Lion via A Firm Hand at Luck 70%
- Side-converting Compromising Document
- Upconverting from Lump of Lamplighter Beeswax; with Beeswax sourced from the Sunken Embassy, this works out to x 5.7 per action.
- x 8 when you Send your report to certain bandaged gentlemen at the end of A Boxful of Intrigue carousel (which requires A Survivor of the Affair of the Box 12). Averages x 0.57 per action.
- Selling a Monograph to The Charismatic Tracklayer; requires Moulin: Darkness 6 and having incorporated a Corrective Narrative, raises Advancing the Liberation of Night:. See Writing a Monograph (Guide) for more information.
- Unveiling a Nostalgic/Luminosity painting (or to a lesser extent a Incendiary/Nostalgic painting) gives Mourning Candles as part of the payout. How efficient this is depends on your source of painting materials, but you will get at most x 1 per action. See Painting in Balmoral (Guide) for more information.
- x 1 for Dive into the Lilymire.
- Upconverting from Lump of Lamplighter Beeswax; with Beeswax sourced from the Sunken Embassy, this averages x 1.1 per action.
Mysteries items include: Whispered Hint, Cryptic Clue, Appalling Secret, Tale of Terror!!, Journal of Infamy, Extraordinary Implication, Uncanny Incunabulum, Direful Reflection, Searing Enigma, Dreadful Surmise, and Impossible Theorem.
- x 1100 in exchange for 1000 , , or via Bartering with the Tiger Keeper
- x 100 for The Thing in the Mirror at Dangerous 100; increases Nightmares and Wounds; can be repeated a maximum of 8 times per carousel
Mutton Island at 7–8
- x 145 for A night for... what exactly? at Shadowy 115; rare chance of x 5 and x 1 instead
- x 145 for Well Watching at Persuasive 115; alternative success x 3
- x 145 for Inside the Cock and Magpie at Watchful 115; rare chance of x 2 and x 2
- x 100 for The Eyes of Children; increases Nightmares
- x 100 for Dinner in the Fallen Columns at Persuasive 115; lowers Wounds and increases Nightmares
- x 66 for Try to understand what he's saying at Watchful 66; good for pre-POSI grinding if Attend courtly functions is not feasible.
- x 359 for Discard your letter after Write down some of what you know about the Discordance; requires SotD 5, and max payout depends on max Base Watchful.
- x 625 for 2 actions: Build on the Human Ribcage then Break down your (Skeleton Type) for parts (Human Ribcage); if your Dangerous is below 250 you will occasionally receive 312 Bone Fragments instead.
- If one has NOT completed the murder investigation at The University, then there is a grind that combines Investigating... and Making Use of Cats to give a maximum of x 954 in 10 actions at Watchful 177 and Shadowy 167. Lower attributes will mean either occasional failed challenges and/or using less profitable steps.
- Advance Featuring in the Tales of the University to 9.
- Advance Embroiled in the Wars of Illusion to 10.
- Under Investigations in the university, interview the department staff three times and conduct forensic analysis once. This should raise Investigating... to 5 and produce 214 Cryptic Clues.
- Under Bats and Cats, choose Cats..., and then Try to find out about their allegiances once. This should raise Making Use of Cats to 2.
- This will cause the storylet Working with the Cats to re-appear at the top level of the Flit. Under that, assist a fortune teller four times. This should raise Making Use of Cats from 2 to 5 and produce 200 Cryptic Clues.
- Back under Bats and Cats, choose Spending Making Use of Cats and then Follow up a tip-off. This will reset Investigating... and Making Use of Cats and produce 540 Cryptic Clues.
- x 210 for Call in favours in the Wolfstack Docks, requires x 1
- x 50 when you Steal ideas from other theatres in Variety is the spice of life!. Also gives +2CP Tales of Mahogany Hall
- x 15 when you Listen to the Waters.
- x 17 when you Discuss the Discordant Law
- x 25 from Steal Tales of Terror from a noted author; consumes 32CP of Casing.... Depending on your source of Casing..., this can give between x 1.3 and x 2.1 per action.
- x 2 from Prepare yourself in Prepare to find out what the well has to offer; requires quite a large action investment to carry out the grind
- x 3 from Ask about the nature of the Waste; requires Para-Archaeologist at most 7, consumes 1 x Bottle of Morelways 1872.
- Selling a Monograph to The Charismatic Tracklayer; requires Moulin: Darkness 6 and having incorporated a Corrective Narrative, raises Advancing the Liberation of Night:. See Writing a Monograph (Guide) for more information.
- Upconverting Appalling Secret; this ranges from x 1.6 to x 5.1 per action depending on where you source your Secrets from
- x 4 for The finest kind of madness when publishing a newspaper, requires x 104
- x 1 for Request Another Demonstration (must first raise Ravages of Parabolan Warfare to 3 with Request A Demonstration, which will exchange one Forty-Nine-Voiced Warbler for a Seven-Throated Warbler).
Nostalgia items include: Drop of Prisoner's Honey, Romantic Notion, Vision of the Surface, Touching Love Story, Bazaar Permit, and Soothe & Cooper Long-Box.
- x 8 for Observe the camaraderie of objects from One Might Profit Even in Such a Place storylet at Watchful 80
- x 12 for Lurk in the eaves from One Might Profit Even in Such a Place storylet at Shadowy 120
- x 8 from ...a Sealed Archive when robbing Baseborn & Fowlingpiece; has a rare chance (~18.24%) of x 1 instead
- x 1 on an alternative success (40%) for Ambush a few couriers for old times' sake (2 actions) at Shadowy 100; requires PoSI
- x 1 from the Steal a Bazaar Permit from the offices of Baseborn & Fowlingpiece option from Thefts of Particular Character; see the Casing Guide for more info.
- x 1 for Send an Unfinished Man to Mahogany Hall as part of the Underclay carousel; requires at least 21 actions per Ballad. See Underclay (Guide) for more information.
- x 1 when you Perform Outreach for the Church; A Church in the Wild has to be a Diocesan Church of Hell.
- x 3 in exchange for 5 Favours: Criminals
- x 3 in exchange for 2000 Jade Fragment
- x1 in exchange for 5 Favours: Constables
- x1 plus Bone Fragments
Rag Trade items include: Silk Scrap, Surface-Silk Scrap, Whisper-Satin Scrap, Thirsty Bombazine Scrap, Puzzle-Damask Scrap, Parabola-Linen Scrap, Scrap of Ivory Organza, and Veils-Velvet Scrap.
- x 6000 Performing A Documentary when reinstated to Court provides up to 150 per action.
- x 101–400 for Encourage the honest folk of Spite to give you 'gifts' (5 actions); requires PoSI and Ruthless 4
- x 320–340 per action at Persuasive 300 for Posit that language makes reality, eventually paid out with Accept a Volume of Collated Research. x 50–150 per action with Suggest that thought shapes language at 84. Either route requires 4 actions of set-up but has no (observed) maximum payout.
- x 8 for Make off with a box of silks from One Might Profit Even in Such a Place storylet at Dangerous 80
- x 12 for Soft to the touch from One Might Profit Even in Such a Place storylet at Persuasive 120
- x 16–55 (failure: 6–45) for Encourage the honest folk of Spite to give you 'gifts' (5 actions); requires PoSI and Ruthless 4
Ratness items include: Rat on a String, Baptised Rattus Faber Corpse, Rat of Glory, and Venge-Rat Corpse.
- x 1 for failing A furious and incoherent drunken rat in Rob a drunk; requires very low Shadowy and Someone Is Coming 3.
- x 1 for Accept the contents of a small cocoon in Propose a Pertinent Point; this requires at least 7 actions per corpse. See The Spider Symposium (Guide) for more information.
- x 1 for Accept a share of the crates cleared out of Saint Cyriac's Illuminated College or Claim the crates cleared out of Saint Cyriac's Illuminated College when intervening in a Dockers' Brawl; this requires at least 7 actions per corpse. See Brawling with Dockers (Guide) for more information.
- x 1 as a rare success for Accept a share of the crates cleared out of Saint Cyriac's Illuminated College or Claim the crates cleared out of Saint Cyriac's Illuminated College when intervening in a Dockers' Brawl. See Brawling with Dockers (Guide) for more information.
- x 1 for Accept a reverent thanks for your labour; this requires at least 7 actions per reliquary. See L. B. Industries (Guide) for more information.
- Upconverting x 5 Baptised Rattus Faber Corpse; requires at least 35 actions to source the corpses plus 1 for the upconversion, and Renown: The Church 10.
Rubbery items include: Nodule of Deep Amber, Unearthly Fossil, Nodule of Trembling Amber, Nodule of Warm Amber, Nodule of Pulsating Amber, Nodule of Fecund Amber, and Fluke-Core.
- x (400 * Favours) + 100 , up to x 2900 from Accept a damp gift (362.5 per action).
- x 100 for Get in on a card game at Persuasive 100; requires x 25 and PoSI. Has a rare chance of x 1 Aeolian Scream.
- x 420 for 1 x Favours: Rubbery Men (210 per action).
- x 100 for 1 x Forty-Nine-Voiced Warbler (Sell him a Forty-Nine-Voiced Warbler).
- x 25 + ( Approximate Value of Your Skeleton in Pennies/10) (Sell your skeleton to a Zailor).
Rumour items include: Proscribed Material, Inkling of Identity, Scrap of Incendiary Gossip, An Identity Uncovered!, Night on the Town, Blackmail Material, Diary of the Dead, Intriguer's Compendium, and Rumourmonger's Network.
- x 100 for Rob the main archive at the Ministry of Public Decency; this takes at least 5 actions to get the required Casing..., giving a rate of at most x 17 per action. For those without access to Parabola, this drops to x 10 per action.
- x 315 for Trade favours with revolutionaries
- x 300 - 400 by doing Brawling with Dockers (Guide).
- x 450 for Escort duty, on success; requires at least 15 actions to do the whole carousel, giving a rate of at most 30 Proscribed Material per action.
- x 10 for 'Obtain' licences from the Ministry of Public Decency at Persuasive 98, consumes x 200 Moon-pearl
- Up to x 8 for Don't try to count the Hurlers or alternating between Approach the Hurlers and Return to the Wastes.
- x 25 for Investigate the Clay Highwayman: Ask the Constables on the card Who is the Clay Highwayman?; requires On the Trail of the Clay Highwayman 99 or less.
- x 10 for Give her something, for the sake of appearances on the card The Soft-Hearted Widow; consumes x 20 Moon-pearl
- Upconverting from Proscribed Material; amount per action ranges from about x 4 for Material sourced from the Ministry of Public Decency to about x 16.9 when sourcing from the Censored Census.
- x 100 (failure: 60) for Breed the Plated Seal 6 via Fungus and Pious Wrath at Luck 70%, averaging around x 2.7 Incendiary Gossip per action, assuming 18 actions to capture the Plated Seal.
- x 10 for Dangerous pastimes, consumes x 100 Whispered Hint and x 1 Implacable Detective's Business Card, requires Playing Cat and Mouse with an Evasive Target
- Upconverting from Proscribed Material or Inkling of Identity; amount per action ranges from x 0.8 when sourcing Material from the Ministry of Public Decency to about x 3.3 when sourcing from the Censored Census.
- x 112 for Publishing a seditious edition of your newspaper.
- x 4 for An edition brimming with truth and wisdom when publishing a newspaper, requires x 104
- x 1 for Ask where Furnace got her name ( Persuasive 200, increased by Tracklayers' Displeasure), on success
- x 1 for Try to join with the game of cards again in the Constabulary. Requires no stat checks, and gains no menace.
- x1 for Enter the Gatehouse in The Very Walls of Hell. Requires no stat checks, and gains no menace.
- x 100 from Publish a seditious edition depends on other factors. Check Publishing a Newspaper (Guide) for more information.
Sustenance items include Parabolan Orange-Apple, Jasmine Leaves, Basket of Rubbery Pies, Crate of Incorruptible Biscuits, Tin of Zzoup, Hand-Picked Peppercaps, and Sausage About Which No One Complains.
Theological items include Verse of Counter-Creed, Palimpsest Scrap, Apostate's Psalm, and False Hagiotoponym.
- The Sunken Embassy: 3 for ~4 actions
- The Sunken Embassy: 1 for ~6 actions
Wild Words items include: Primordial Shriek, Maniac's Prayer, Correspondence Plaque, Aeolian Scream, Storm-Threnody, Night-Whisper, Starstone Demark, and Breath of the Void.
- x 1050 (failure: 700) for Breed the Somnolent Hyaena via Discipline at Luck 70%. Assuming high stats and using the Lab to generate the required Honey, this averages to 945 Shrieks every 13.8 actions, which is 68.48 Shrieks ( 1.37) per action.
- x 50 for Debate the nature of Primordial Shrieks at Watchful 100; requires PoSI. Has a rare chance of 1 x Aeolian Scream.
- x 310 (failure: 210) Breed the Somnolent Hyaena via Fungus and Pious Wrath at Luck 70%. Assuming high stats and using the Lab to generate the required Honey, this averages to 280 Prayers every 20.8 actions, which is 13.46 Prayers ( 1.35) per action.
- x 51 by using x 50 from Blackmail a Special Constable.
- x 6 or more from A Boxful of Intrigue (Guide) in Spite.
- x 6 when you Share what you've learned with a Cross at the end of A Boxful of Intrigue carousel (which requires A Survivor of the Affair of the Box 12). Also grants 1 x Favours: Urchins.
Wines items include: Bottle of Greyfields 1879, Bottle of Greyfields 1882, Bottle of Greyfields 1868 First Sporing, Bottle of Morelways 1872, Bottle of Strangling Willow Absinthe, Bottle of Broken Giant 1844, Cellar of Wine, Bottle of Fourth City Airag: Year of the Tortoise, Vial of Tears of the Bazaar, and Vial of Masters' Blood.
- x 10 or 15 for the options on Go mudlarking
- x 10 for Mock an Insufferable Poseur
- x 50 for A tradition developed after the Fall at Watchful 100; requires PoSI and renown: The Great Game 10. Has a rare chance of x 1 Aeolian Scream.
- x 37 for Offer the fellow a partnership at Persuasive 75. Only available with A Name Signed with a Flourish 4–6.
- x 35 when you Accept a gift for your efforts at the end of A Boxful of Intrigue carousel (which requires A Survivor of the Affair of the Box 12).
- x 4 for The tawdry secrets of the famous laid bare! when publishing a newspaper, requires x 104
- x 3 for Hand over your hou... snake, which required a lot of process by hunting the Plated Seal and check the Breeding Monsters (Guide).
Zee Treasures items include: Moon-Pearl, Deep-zee Catch, Royal-Blue Feather, Ambiguous Eolith, Carved Ball of Stygian Ivory, and Live Specimen.
- 51–150 for A spot of footpadry in Unfinished Business in Watchmaker's Hill storylet at Dangerous 100; requires PoSI
- 3000 or 6000 with several works in The Empress' Court