This Guide is about how to best make Echoes; if you're more interested in Hinterland Scrip check Hinterland Scrip-Making
For the old version of this guide, see this page
The game is best thought of as a means to read a story. To that end, until you are approaching the high level (all stats at or near cap and so forth), the best sources of Echoes are the content you're seeing. There is very little that may be considered truly "profitable" before the player becomes a A Person of Some Importance - (PoSI), although calling in favours may be an exception. It should be noted that for serious money-making grinds, such as goats etc., it's recommended to first reach the End-game, because those grinds will be slightly better than the mid-game grinds.
This guide is split in sections based on their requirements:
- Money-Making/Midgame shows money-making options from the midgame onwards. This means everything from PoSI to the railway, and should have 2.5+ EPA
- Money-Making/Endgame shows money-making options from the endgame onwards. These grinds should have at least 4.0 EPA.
- For the full list with more grinds etc., see Money-Making/Sources. This is also the page where new grinds are added.
- For FATE-based grinds, some low-complexity end-game grinds and historical Money-making, see Money-Making/Extras.
- For detailed calculations and a scratch page, see Money-Making/Calculations