Thoughts on item representation
Please, dont take this as a complaint. I bow deep before you guys that build this and value every minute you spend on making it! Futhermore, so far I havent delved too deep into this wiki's structure to catch every glimpse of it. But being rather a noob to FL this wiki was as helpful as it was a pain to use. Maybe some of my thoughts may help to improve it, especially from a beginners point of view - and to calm ur worst fears down, I'm rather new to FL, not to wikis (u may take this as a reference). I'm quite aware of the fact, that I dont know better what has been build up over years - I just offer my help, will make a cautious approach to edits and already beg pardon for the trouble I may cause.
What do I see on an item page?
- item desciption - text which is shown in the character's inventory
- The message I get when item is bought
- The message I get when item is sold
- Bazaar value for buying/selling item
- Other uses
- what happens when I use this item
Assumption, thoughts: this is like the least important information is shown first and the most important facts are not shown at all or hidden behind links:
- item description (fine)
- buy/sell message, value (what's the use in knowing the item's value or its messages, when I dont even know where to trade it?
- Effects (no idea what that is good for, never seen any item making really a use of it)
- other uses/sources (leads to category-pages. Questionable benefit; item conversion not even hinted)
- Options when item is used - is something I'd rather expect right after the item's description
- groups items belong to? (true only for first item in each group, others say: create this by ...)
- the infobox-templates I stumbled over? U think them too hard to edit for average users and thus dont use them?
Anyway, I'll try to throw in an iteminfo template