Edit a book of meditations on the Anchoress
This page contains details about Fallen London Actions.
From: The Means to Knowledge
Action Cost: 3
An acquaintance wishes to make a contribution to devotional literature. Their book is filled with mangled metaphors and bloated aphorisms. The only wisdom they've exhibited is in bringing you in to edit it.
Game Instructions: If you are successful, this will ensure you are recognised as a practitioner of the Legacy of the Anchoress.
- 35 - very chancy (42%)
- 43 - chancy (51%)
- 51 - modest (61%)
- 60 - very modest (72%)
- 68 - low-risk (81%)
- 76 - straightforward (91%)
- 84 - straightforward (100%)
A saving grace
[…] And yet your name is merely listed in modest type on the colophon. Still, it's enough for discerning individuals to recognise that the work's insights and revelations are yours - especially after they've met the author.
[Find the rest of the story at https://www.fallenlondon.com]
- You are most often associated with the Legacy of the Anchoress. (Sets Identified with a Philosophy to 1 - The Legacy of the Anchoress)
- Watchful is increasing…
- Making Waves is increasing… (+1-2 CP) (a variable amount - not sure about the range)
- Scandal is dropping… (-3 CP)
- Magnanimous is increasing… (+3 CP, up to level 10)
- Melancholy is dropping… (-3 CP)
- You've gained 4 x Scrap of Incendiary Gossip
- You've gained 1 x Journal of Infamy
- You've gained 5 x Vision of the Surface
- You've lost 50 x Foxfire Candle Stub