Fallen London Wiki:Structural Disparities
The wiki does not always mirror Fallen London's internal structure. Identical-looking options in different storylets and cards are technically separate entities but are usually treated as one here. Even non-identical in-game structures are sometimes merged, while singular entities can be split into multiple pages to mimic the way they appear to players.
If the differences between multiple pages are deemed insubstantial enough, they are often considered for merging. Identical titles and images are usually prerequisites for such treatment. Some examples are listed below.
- Each relevant setting technically has its own version of Something convulses violently against your chest.
- A light work based around a Neathy folk tale combines two sets of effects, due to the options being available during two separate stages in the game.
- Return to London features different challenges, based on the source storylet, as well as conditional effects.
- Do nothing to interfere actually has distinct requirements, in addition to the effects and minor text differences.
- Reignite his love of microscopy combines two actions, because FBG currently cannot employ conditional redirects.
- Making your Name: Duelling the Black Ribbon is a rare example of merged storylets with different titles, while Your spouse, the Revolutionary Firebrand is one of the few cases with different original images.
Such pages can be signified by the use of Template:Splitmerge.
This course of action is less common, generally pursued only when a large part of a single page's contents vary. Splitting linearly-progressed storylets with variable descriptions and options used to be common practice, but is generally not done anymore.
- Zee dreams technically have just one card per dream type but are thought to be more clear as separate pages due to the changing titles, descriptions and available options.
- Most of Arbor is composed of two storylets internally, but the highly varying descriptions and options are considered better suited to being separate.
- Inquire after additional 'reports' has 8 variations due to the weekly changes in the requirements, effects and description.
In these cases, requesting a wiki page by its internal Game ID (for example via FL 1-click Wiki) will return multiple results.