Storylets are one of the two ways in which the player character can interact with Fallen London, the other being Cards. Storylets are found in either the main content area beneath the players hand of cards (desktop) or in the storylets tab (mobile).
Most Storylets are location specific, and can only be seen and played in that specific location. These usually represent things a player character might do in that location or a story taking place in that location. A few storylets are Universal and can be seen everywhere in London. These usually represent either seasonal content or Ambition related content.
Playing a storylet will usually not consume an action despite it saying Go and not Go (0), although actions in it will (unless specified otherwise).
A storylet will have a border with a certain color dependent on its importance. Most storylets in Fallen London have a white border, which represents a normal storylet. Other colors include:
- Bronze which means the storylet is a little special - perhaps part of a continuing story.
- Silver which means storylet is quite special, like Ambition or Seasonal content.
- Gold which means storylet is something exceptional, often a once-only story or opportunity
- Black storylets are related to Seeking Mr Eaten's Name and are not to be spoken of.
- Living Green storylets are linked to certain World Qualities, representing worldwide events and happenings.
- Beginner's Guide a quick introduction to Fallen London
- Stories (Guide) about the way stories work in Fallen London.
- Cards, the other major way of interacting with the game
- Guides which contains guides on a variety of subjects.