The Forgotten Quarter gets a makeover
By now I'm sure you've all seen the changes made to the Forgotten Quarter. Formerly a temporary destination on your way to a University Fellowship, it's now home to repeatable expeditions and treasure hunts. Some changes:
- The Airs of the Forgotten Quarter is a random quality (a Circumstance, to be precise) that determines which options you can see (especially for the casual visitor, but also when you're on an expedition).
- You can trade in other goods for Crate of Expedition Supplies, which are needed to go on expeditions. These expeditions are only gradually being unlocked... Collecting more than the minimum number of Supplies is always a good idea, since you can keep any left overs between expeditions.
- Completing an expedition gives you fixed rewards, an unpredictable treasure (more on this below) and a gain in your Archaeologist skill (granting you access to longer expeditions).
- Finding an Eyeless Skull will be essential to going on the final expedition. Holding one is something of a liability...
The Airs of the Forgotten Quarter are wistful (and numbered)
Both The Airs of the Forgotten Quarter and Uncovering an Unpredictable Treasure: are somewhat... obfuscated. If you're wondering where the numbers on the wiki come from, there is a method to find them out:
- Select the 'Myself' tab
- Click the square with the 'Scrapbook Status' caption
- From the grid of icons that comes up, click on 'The Airs of the Forgotten Quarter' (it should be near the bottom)
- Open your 'Profile' in a new tab or window (it will be something along the lines of http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Character~Name~Here).
- Voila, the quality will now have a number attached!
- When an option affects one of these qualities, reloading your Profile tab will show you the new number.
Alternatively, you can start from step #4 above. Clicking on the Scrapbook icon on your Profile page will let you select a different quality with no reloading! No mess, no fuss!
Both of these qualities change somewhat randomly; you can help us by documenting which options unlock at a particular quality level. In particular:
- Checking which option of Unpredictable Treasures is unlocked at each level of Uncovering an Unpredictable Treasure:. (If higher numbers lead to better treasures, each expedition probably gives out a different range of values - TBD).
If you reach The Airs of the Forgotten Quarter 22, please go on an expedition (if you're not on one already) and find the image used on The tent-city.
- Anything else not yet documented!
Note that, as always, Fate-locked content should not be added to the wiki. That includes later consequences - e.g. paying Fate to seek A Temple of Uttermost Wind will unlock related actions and storylets. If you can't see it without paying Fate, it shouldn't be here!