Fallen London Wiki:Administrators
Different users have access to different functions of the site. While anyone can do most things on the site, including reading and editing, administrators can access a few additional functions.
What can administrators do?
These additional functions include:
- Deleting and restoring pages, page histories, and uploaded files.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without admin rights or autoconfirmed status.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing; and very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins.
What can bureaucrats do?
A bureaucrat can make other users into bureaucrats or administrators. Note that being a bureaucrat does not, in and of itself, grant administrator powers. Bureaucrats will almost always be senior administrators who have been granted bureaucrat status as a sign of their seniority and importance to the wiki.
Bureaucrats can also give users the ability to "rollback" edits not made in good faith.
What should administrators and bureaucrats not do?
Administrators should not use their administrator powers to settle editing disputes; for example, to lock a page on a version he or she prefers in an editing dispute that isn't vandalism. Administrator powers should be used to help keep the wiki clear of vandalism, spam, and users who make malicious edits, but not for simple disagreements between users acting in good faith. Ideally an admin shouldn't be considered "in charge". The ideal admin is just someone who is trusted to have a few extra buttons and to use them for the benefit of the community.
Who are this wiki's administrators?
The administrators for the Fallen London Wiki are listed below. Please note that most of them are currently not active on this Wiki.
For the full list, see Special:ListUsers/sysop.
Currently Active Admins
- Adnoam: Admin and Bureaucrat
- Rahv7: Admin and Bureaucrat
- Aximillio: Admin and Bureaucrat
- Alan: Admin, Bureaucrat, and Sysadmin
- Asarta: Admin
Admins listed below are currently not active on this wiki
- Achris: Admin
- Vae Victis Admin
- Droxlean: Admin and Bureaucrat
- MrSuarez: Admin and Bureaucrat
- Jemann: Admin and Bureaucrat
- ZDee: Admin and Bureaucrat
- Neonix: Admin, Bureaucrat, and Founder
If you have any questions at all, please leave a message on the message wall of one of the currently active Administrators.
Becoming an administrator
Wiki note: The Fallen London Wiki is not currently looking for administrators. Unless there is an extremely compelling reason why you should be granted such rights, please don't ask for them.
New administrators are created whenever existing administrators feel it is necessary. As this is a wiki with a small editing population, promotions are handled on an ad-hoc basis. New administrators will almost always be senior editors who are willing and who can be trusted to take on the additional responsibilities.