Advent Calendar 2014
|This page is retired from the game!|
If you disagree, please explain in the Comments or at Category talk:Retired
December 1st to the 25th, FBG will release an access code every day. Little trinkets and toys will be given out with the codes. Each code will only work for 24 hours, so log in often to spot and snag all the Christmas delights!
- The singers disperse, screaming in terror, as a bolt of apocyanic lightning shatters a flower-pot on a balcony. Above you on the roof, you glimpse an urchin peering: a liver-mark sprawls across half his face. Something remains in the shards of the pot.
- You've gained 1 x Storm-Threnody
Note: Spend all your cards before using this code since it sets the number to 8 rather than increasing it.
- This has reset your Potential Christmas Cards to 8. Spend them before Christmas!
- You now have 8 x Potential Christmas Card
- 'Like spores,' he says, 'from never.' He strains to sign at the ceiling...or the Surface. Something primordial tugs at the coat-tails of your memory.
- You've gained 1 x Primaeval Hint
- Translucent goo on your pillow. A curious throbbing in your ear. Something has profited from your nightmares. Your sleep is clear and clean. Hurrah?
- Your 'Nightmares' Quality has gone!
- The box bears this warning: THE DUCHESS IS THIRSTY.
- You've gained 1 x A Boxed Cat?
- Who can resist a good sock? Oh-ho! And what's this inside?
- You've gained 1 x Magnificent Diamond
- "We've had our differences. But this is Christmas. Best wishes, the Fallen London Probably Random Number Algorithm"
- You've gained 1 x Devilbone Die
- Ah, lacre. The Neath's answer to snow. Lacre-men always seem watchful. Lacre-capped roofs tingle with sinister phosphorescence. Lacre dissolves in water only reluctantly, like a guest who hopes to find space in your box-room. [Use this in your inventory to learn more about lacre or acquire a Destiny.]
- You've gained 1 x Unusual Pail of So-Called Snow
- Behind a loose stone in your pantry wall, someone has left an earthenware bottle. The contents are translucent white; the smell is eye-watering, but heady. Your vision swims briefly. A plain of golden green, the sun rolling in the sky...
- You've gained 1 x Bottle of Fourth City Airag: Year of the Tortoise
- 'Merry Christmas. Just - keep them away from requiems. Carols. Wells. Lacre.'
- "Goodwill beneath earth, and peashe! I've let the lads know they can forget about any... little indishcretions."
- Your 'Suspicion' Quality has gone!
- The hat attracts luminous beetles. They flutter impertinently about your lodgings. Alight on your tea cups. Congregate hopefully by your biscuit tin.
- You've gained 1 x Sporing Bonnet
- You've gained 100 x Phosphorescent Scarab
- Nightmares is dropping… (-? CP)
A procession: one of the odd little cults that spring up by the docks. Grey pennants hang limply in the still air. The leader wears a papier-mâché goat-mask with eyes faceted like a fly's. The mask turns as the procession passes.
- For days you are aware that it is almost within sight. It squats in your cellar like a troublesome memory. It dislodges the tiles on your roof at night. It is present as a brackish taste in your tea, as a stain on your pantry wall. Your friends assure you that you have imagined it. The Heptagoat.
- Acquaintance: the Heptagoat is increasing… (1)
- This dream is over. Perhaps something remained.
[This has raised your Putting the Pieces Together: the Taste of Lacre quality. You'll be able to trade it for rewards in January.]
- You've gained 1 x Putting the Pieces Together: the Taste of Lacre
You start awake suddenly. Something unexpected has happened. The room is scented with lavender and seawater. You are unharmed and untouched. But your vision is tinged with irrigo - the colour of forgetfulness. But it's already fading. And what's this?
- Someone's written on your mirror. "Thank you. I won't forget. x." You've begun to erase it by the time you realise it's written in reverse on the *other side* of the mirror... Over the course of the next day it fades like steam.
- You've gained 1 x Favour in High Places
- Your 'Irrigo' Quality has gone!
- You'll have to clear the way to your lodgings tomorrow. But for now, sit by the fire and draw your blanket tighter. All shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.
- Your 'A Clear Path' Quality has gone!
- Nightmares is dropping… (-? CP)
- A pop, a rattle, a thud! Something drops down the chimney to lie glowing in your fireplace.
- You've gained 1 x Nodule of Pulsating Amber
Above ground, this would have been extraordinary. They would place it beneath a glass dome and a blinding light. There would be a line of admirers. A plaque. http://bit.ly/1kp2NNt
- Here, it is nothing: a fleck of deep amber. Drop it in your pocket. Fiddle with it while you speak. Rub your fingers to rid them of that greasy quality.
- Wounds is dropping… (-? CP)
- You've gained 1 x Nodule of Deep Amber
- A Connoisseur of Neathy Delights is increasing… (+? CP)
- You've gained 1 x Sudden Insight
- 'Congratulations, friend! 'Here, take this. Perhaps I can at least find a satisfactory opponent on the River.' [The Amulet will preserve you from death, once.]
- You've gained 1 x Horsehead Amulet
- As you solve the clue, the paper flares with a clean white flame. You curse and drop its burning halves to the floor! The crossword is gone. But the answer remains in your mind, crouched like a scorpion.
- You've gained 1 x Searing Enigma
- Seven bats perch on the roof of your house. This is, perhaps, a good omen.
- And oho! Look at the wicked thing it's killed.
- You've gained 1 x Araby Fighting-Weasel
- You've gained 1 x Baptised Rattus Faber Corpse
- That steam! Inhale it and feel your synapses snap and your sinuses crackle. [Drinking Darkdrop Coffee will refresh ten actions. Find it in your inventory.]
- You've gained 1 x Darkdrop Coffee
Ahahaha... Excuse me. We do beg your pardon. 'Ho ho ho.' http://bit.ly/1i6OxJv
- "Do you recall how we came to that place? And they sang of their lightnings and shapeful disgrace? And we tilted our vanes and ennobled our spires. They welcomed us then and commingled all choirs. And not enough, not enough. Still It mourns, and still waits the Sun."
- You've gained 1 x Meticulously Altered Stocking
In Fallen London, it is Christmas. But wherever, whoever and whenever you are, Failbetter Games wishes you the best imaginable holiday of your dearest preference. We'll see you in 2015! http://bit.ly/J9XAKy
- Meet, drink, and be many, for tomorrow They may dine.
- You've gained 1 x Magnificent Feast