|This guide is outdated and has been retired!|
This guide has been preserved as an acknowledgment of the history of Fallen London and of the contributions to the wiki.
If you don't think this guide should be retired, please explain in the Comments or at Category talk:Retired.
As the game has added new content, grinds that were once relatively profitable have fallen out of favor. While these grinds are too bad to mention on the main page they are retained here for historical interest.
- Hunter's Keep Searing Enigma rare success (Used to be 1.85 EPA, but has since been decreased, might now be ~1.5 EPA)
- Big Rat Grind (1.01 EPA, used to be 1.77 EPA, easily locked out of, but can be brought back w/ Fate)
- A thieves' cache! (1.48 EPA |3 progress| or 1.41 EPA |2 progress|, supplies via Connected: Docks and the Tankard| Since the revamp of Connected: Docks into Favours: The Docks, this works differently, though it is potentially more profitable. See sub-heading below.)
- Deal with mirror-smugglers and Kill the Fungus-column (~1.43EPA, easily locked out of) (Used to be ~1.9EPA but with Deal with mirror-smugglers becoming locked out at a level 8 of reduced the EPA substantially.)
- A Dream of Roses takes you to Arbor, with long-term card-draw-based grinds theoretically as high as 5.35 EPA, and 5 EPA being realistically achievable. However, the most profitable methods are mutually exclusive with the active grinds. This used to be one of the best grinds in the game as it used to be possible to use Investigate the Near-Arbori to gain Arbor: Permission to Linger, allowing you to stay in Arbor indefinitely and creating possibly the best general-purpose Echo grind. The action however was changed in late July 2020, and so active grinding in Arbor is no more.
1.94 to 1.998 EPA, depending on risks taken. Read the entire comment section for details. The new heists kicked this into competitive territory, but they're still very chance-based - a simulator suggests an EPA of approximately 1.78, once accounting for Luck challenges and Menace gains. Heists also require a substantial preliminary investment in order to maximize the player's chances, such as Set of Intricate Kifers, Dreaded 10 or Untrained Lyrebird.
- This option requires the player to have not advanced or finished the University storyline. Players may prefer to Talk to the Porters for a grind that is much less Echo-efficient but much more Watchful-efficient.
- If one has Embroiled in the Wars of Illusion in the range 10 to 15, Watchful of 177, and Shadowy of 167, this can be combined with Making Use of Cats for 1.908 EPA. The detailed steps can be found at Category:Cryptic Clue Gain
~1.92 EPA without grinding items, ~1.57 with grinding. It is recommended that players convert large batches of Tales of Terror (e.g., thousands) at a time given the heavy RNG influence in this storyline.
Boxful of Intrigue
The Boxful of Intrigue carousel, provided that players side with the Revolutionaries and intercept Correspondence Plaques along the way, as well as using the cash-in to obtain Mourning Candles. (1.64 EPA)
- This option requires the player to have advanced the Affair of the Box story to at least Level 12, which itself requires access to Mahogany Hall. The carousel is composed of Shadowy 120 challenges.
- Tanah-Chook, unlocked by the "All Things Must End" Exceptional story (1.8 EPA)
- Fate-locked selling your soul (1.8 EPA, easily locked out of)
- Fate-locked Velocipede Squad (1.2 EPA with new carousel ending, 2.5e with new card)
- Fate-locked Foreign Office (1.17 EPA with new carousel ending)
- Fate-locked Apis Meet (1.4 EPA incl. the bribe to stay another day, 2.9 EPA on the last day, reduced by the voyage)