Term Passing... (Guide)
At Benthic or at Summerset, each day is a new page.
As soon as you reach Featuring in the Tales of the University 5 you can attend to university life. This is done by selecting different storylets in the University. All options on these storylets raise Term Passing... by one level. As Term Passing... increases new storylets will become available while old ones lock. This culminates in 6 different storylets at Term Passing... 12 each of which will set it back to zero.
This carousel can be repeated forever unless you select A most notable academic which sets Featuring in the Tales of the University to 6 and progresses the story. Note that once you've selected that option all the earlier options will be gone for good so make sure you're finished with them. Once you've reached Featuring in the Tales of the University 6 new Term related storylets will appear between Featuring in the Tales of the University 9-24. After level 24 the University storylet will finish and you'll be locked out of these carousels. The same rules apply, although it only cycles up to T7.
There are six main plots including several storylets that lead up to the Term Passing... 12 finale.
Which to pick?
Some storylines are better for some characters and some better for others.
- The Feasts involves you feasting with members of Summerset University. This storyline should only be done by people who still have their soul, as almost all good options are otherwise locked. Most of these options require Connected: Summerset and also lower it slightly
- The Stoats involves you hanging around with a student club. It doesn't require anything special and gives out various wines in varying quantities.
- The Match involves Benthic University and more specifically their Cricket team. Like the Summerset line it requires you to have Connected: Benthic however it doesn't decrease it and also can still be done when you've sold your soul.
- The Debate, debate, discuss and or threaten everybody until they agree with you(diplomacy at its finest). Just like the Stoats it doesn't require anything special although the Term Passing... 12 can drop Connected of one of the University.
- The Library. Just some quiet reading until the Library refuses to loan you a book and revolutionaries start stealing stuff.The most interesting option is Report them to the college authorities under The library roof which gives you +30CP in both the connected categories for the university.
- Teaching and other things to spend time on. Despite this being a University, this is literally the only storyline involving learning teaching and together with the Murder the only one which doesn't involve drinking copious amount of alcohol(or to say it in a different way, these two are dull and lack alcohol).
- The Murder. Ah who doesn't love some academic infighting. The Murder involves you trying to find out who killed the research fellow in Antiquarian Esquivalience (don't worry about him he does this everyday). Note that this is the only storyline that starts at Term Passing... 6 instead of zero.
These are some of the more interesting storylets you can do:
- A most notable academic lets you advance Featuring in the Tales of the University to 6, locking all Term Passing... related content.
- Attend a feast under Feasting at Summerset (T0-7) reduces Wounds by 1 CP at the cost of 2 CP of Connected: Summerset. It also gives 90 x Whispered Hint.
- Both A feather in Benthic's mortar board under Out and about at Benthic College(T0-10) and Mixing in Summerset Society under Summerset days (also T0-10) give 2 CP of Making Waves, at no cost and with no challenge. Each also gives 3 CP of its corresponding Connected quality.
- Perhaps you might read a book today under Enjoying the pace of academic life (T0-11) reduces Nightmares by 1 CP. It also adds 1 CP to both Benthic and Summerset connections, and 20 x Primordial Shriek.
- Take the bravery challenge under Fun with the Stoats (T8-10) is the only Dangerous challenge.
- Learned discourse under Do some actual research (T8-11) gives a CP of A Scholar of the Correspondence (up to 7) on a rare success in addition to cryptic clues.
- Business and pleasure under The Feast of the World (T11) gives a London Street Sign (2.50 Echoes each) and can be played 3-4 times per term.
- All options under The day of the debate (T11) gives challenge-free 5 CP to Watchful.
Term Passing... 12 storylets can only be played once before Term Passing... has to be rebuild, so choose wisely. Some of them have massive negative effects even on succeeding in the relevant challenge. However, there are many challenge-free options with great rewards.
All the Options
|Feasting at Summerset||0-7|
|Wine-tasting at Summerset||8-10|
|The Feast of the World||11|
|The World, devoured||12|
|Fun with the Stoats||8-10|
|More fun with the Stoats||11|
|Cricket at Benthic||0-7|
|Picking the team||8-10|
|The end of the match||12|
|A public debate||8-10|
|The day of the debate||11|
|The debate closes||12|
|Off to the library||0-7|
|Back to the library||8-10|
|Once more to the library||11|
|The library roof||12|
Teaching and other things to spend time on
|Take tutorials for a little extra cash||0-7|
|Enjoying the pace of academic life||0-11|
|Prepare your lectures||2-10|
|Do some teaching||5-10|
|The golden path||8-11|
|Do some actual research||8-11|
|The body in the library||6-7|
|Begin your investigation||8-10|
|Talk to the deceased||11|
|Name the murderer!||12|
The second Carousel (Featuring in the Tales of the University 9-24)
After you've advanced Featuring in the Tales of the University to 9 a second carousel opens up. This carousel works exactly the same as the previous except that it only goes to Term Passing... 7. This carousel locks when you have over Featuring in the Tales of the University 24.
By far the most interesting storylet here is Talk to the Porters. For the cost of 25 x Cryptic Clue you gain Whispered Hints and a Sudden Insight. Sudden Insights can be traded in on Every stone in your Lodgings (under Attend to Matters of Watchfulness and Nightmares) for a great boost in Watchful. Because Cryptic Clues can be gained using the other investigation storylets this is one of the best Watchful grinds in the game.
The table below lists every possible option:
This concludes the Guide on Term Passing.... I hope it was useful! (and that you had fun of course!)