Faction: The Church
Theology in London, down in the earth among the devils, is a tricky business. The Church has learnt to adapt.
Related Cards and Items
Favours: Favours: The Church
- Notable Sources:
- Hand over your hou... snake from The Hound of Heaven gives 3 Favours through Into the Fourth Coil and breeding a Plated Seal with Breed the Plated Seal 7
- The Campaigner's reward - 1 favour
- Attend a church fête on the church card provides 1 favour
- A disgraceful spectacle choice on A day at the races has a chance to give 1 Favour
- A Day with God's Editors, Option: Remind the writers of their holy purpose
- 2000 Foxfire Candles wanted! Will pay handsomely! with Foxfire Candle Stub
- Let a Conniving Vicar use your beetle for dramatic effect with a Tell-Tale Beetle
- Oho! Ripe rats! on The Departed in Watchmaker's Hill
- Tip off the priest on An assignment from the Cheesemonger
- Write a sharp note and send the flowers back when A devil's taken a shine to you
- Secrets and Spending (when you have 14 x Counting the Days and a Mark of Credit Page), Find a decent home for your Mark of Credit Page
- Attend a dinner at St Fiacre's when Noticed by the Saturnine Duke
- Several options on A Jurisdictional Dispute
- Send a letter
- Deliver a lecture on London's History Under the Statue at Moulin
- Notable Uses:
- An arrangement with the Vicar-General in The Shuttered Palace gives 420 x Foxfire Candle Stub for 1 favour
- '...I have written to the Bishop of St Fiacre's...' in the Tomb-Colonies allows you to spend 1 favour to reduce Scandal by 6 CP
- Offer a plump vicar provides 5 x Tribute for 5 favours.
- Call on the help of the Church provides 35 CP Inspired... for 1 favour.
- You may spend 1, 3 or 5 favours on Altars and Alms-Houses: the Church to train Persuasive (~20 CP per favour)
- Make it clear that no one leaves the Game gains 2 x Extraordinary Implication and 150 x Cryptic Clue + Someone Is Coming for 2 favours.
- Secure the artists' work provides 2 x Sworn Statement, 6 x Dubious Testimony and Someone Is Coming
- Firecrackers in the thurible! provides 400 x Nevercold Brass Sliver, 7 x Tale of Terror!! and Someone Is Coming for 2 favours.
- With a certain statue you may gain 2 x Holy Relic of the Thigh of Saint Fiacre for 4 favours
- A different statue provides 4 x Strong-Backed Labour for 1 favour.
- Yet another statue provides 900 x Whispered Hint and lab research for 1 favour.
- Possibly the same statue provides 150 x Nodule of Warm Amber and lab research for 2 favours.
- Feed a vicar to your plant and spend 1 favour in order to increase Attending to the Needs of a Singular Plant among other things
- Maybe she has become virtuous allows you to cash in 1 favour for 200 x Nevercold Brass Sliver and 250 x Jade Fragment
Renown: Renown: The Church
Closest To: Closest To: The Church