For most factions, the Connected quality has been retired.
A list of factions that still use the Connected quality:
See Raising Favours for the factions that have been converted to the new Renown/Favours system.
This guide lists the best repeatable methods in London for raising Connected values for characters whose major qualities are 100 or more.
- For the first 10 levels only, you can Meet servants of the Duchess.
- Publishing poetry in praise of the Duchess at the Palace gives 10 CP Duchess and 5 x Inkling of Identity which is best for grinding.
- Cards: Freeing a boxed cat gives 15 CP.
- For the first 10 levels only, you can Meet some of the Widow's agents.
- For levels 10-19, you can use the O'Boyle's Practical Primer in the Various Languages of Nippon, Tartary, Cathay and the Princedoms of the Raj.
- Any option under Working for the Widow in Spite provide some CP on success, but different options are available, depending on The Airs of London
- The best option is Attend an audience with the Gracious Widow (if The Airs of London value is 33-67), which gives 10 CP Widow and 36 x Jade Fragments.
- Progressing through Term Passing... during Featuring in the Tales of the University at exactly 5 opens up ample variety of storylets to gain these connections (cf. guide).
- For connected levels 1-19, you can use the Endowment of a University Fellowship item from the Bazaar (100E, does not consume the item).
- Helping A colleague with a problem gives 40 x Cryptic Clues and 5 CP Benthic and Summerset.
- If you already passed Level 5 of Featuring in the Tales of the University, then success on Make your peace with Dr Orthos option at Term Passing... 7 will give 10 CP Benthic and Summerset, along with 4 x Memory of Distant Shores and 2 CP Making Waves
- Donating the finds from pursuing an Archaeological Expedition to either Benthic or Summerset awards CP based on the treasure's value. This, however, is generally a bad deal.
- Completing A Tale of the Future! at the Empress Court gives 10 CP Benthic, 10 CP Summerset and 9 CP Making Waves.
- The best way to gain this Connection is to progress through story as Master's worker - Suggest he take a more material view on The Loquacious Vicar's Great Work; Confront Unfinished pair for Mr Pages; Follow Mr Wine's order against F.F. Gebrandt (note that this will permanently add an opportunity card to your deck); Betray the Cheesemonger to the Masters of the Bazaar; Frame innocent scholar for murder and have no guilt; and such.
- Siding with the Masters (any of the two) at the conclusion of A Survivor of the Affair of the Box will gain Master's favor.
- It can also be raised to the same cap less efficiently by those who possess an Invitation to the Temple Club and 2500 x Romantic Notions.
- You can gamble your connection through ...an incognito Master? option, but the (actual) odds are against you.
- Cards: A libraryette for Mr Pages lets you either trade 10,000 Proscribed Material and 50 Jade Fragments for 1 CP Masters and 10 Appalling Secrets, or 20 Collated Research, 80 Touching Love Stories, 5 Blackmail Material and 5 Uncanny Incunabula for 3 CP. The Proscribed Material is worth 400 echoes while the assorted items are worth 375; the latter option is therefore more than three times as cost-effective. To draw the card, you must have at least 100 Proscribed Material, and Connected 10 or less.
- You can work at Mr Wines' Revels - As hired help. At the end of this work, Mr Wines will present 1 CP of Masters of the Bazaar, but no more than one level. This is only for those with no Master connection at all.