Twilit Smuggler (Guide)
Twilit Smuggler is the statue quality representing Shadowy and is gained in Balmoral by sending up various items up to the surface via the dumbwaiter in Balmoral. This is fastest of all the statue qualities but is still fairly expensive.
In order to begin the storyline, you must first discover the Balmoral Dumbwaiter and make contact with the Woman Upstairs.
In order to discover the dumbwaiter, you must do one of two things. Either:
- Raise On the Trail of the Clay Highwayman to 5, and build up your Casing... to 15. In the Crathie of Balmoral, you need to Track what the Highwaymen are doing in these parts, which is a Shadowy 210 Challenge.
- Become A Marauder of the Clay Highwayman and draw the card Larceny at Balmoral while in A hidden camp nestled in the woods of Balmoral. Pick the option Join a group of marauders headed for Crathie - this will automatically discover the dumbwaiter.
The storylet for the dumbwaiter itself is located in Balmoral Castle where you must Sneak down to the Kitchens of Balmoral. With Renown: Criminals 40 and Base Shadowy Shadowy 215, you can Establish contact with a Surface smuggler for the cost of 3 x Favours: Criminals.
Once you have established contact, you can turn in the required items for the next level of Twilit Smuggler, if you pass an increasingly difficult Shadowy check based on the item you're sending.
|240||Fragment of the Tragedy Procedures|
|280||Scrap of Ivory Organza|
|450||Vial of Masters' Blood|
You will have to send up 15 Tier 6 items, 5 Tier 7 items, and 1 Tier 8 item, totaling 4062.5 worth of items. These items can be seen in the table below, and will be discussed in further detail. This process will give you 30000 x Fistful of Surface Currency (worth 900 ), which can be seen as a loss of 80% of the value of the items.
Some of the items are relatively easy to obtain, while others are very hard. In order to finish this storyline, you will need access to Khan's Heart to obtain the Corresponding Sounder at a minimum, though several of the items are easier to acquire there.
This can be purchased at the Extramural Trading Company in The Upper River Exchange for 125
You will need between 2-6 of these for levels 1-6. Levels 3-6 can be substituted with Fragment of the Tragedy Procedures, and levels 5-6 can also be substituted with Crackling Devices.
The main source of these is the expedition in The Forgotten Quarter to the The Tomb of the Silken Thread. See Forgotten Quarter Expeditions (Guide) for a guide to these. The expedition itself should take 12 actions, as well as actions for gathering Expedition Supplies. See the guide for an analysis on where these can best be acquired. An estimate gives a minimum of 27 actions for each egg sourced this way.
See Academic Grinding for the most up to date grinds.
Fragment of the Tragedy Procedures
You will need up to 6 of these for levels 3-8. Levels 3-6 can be substituted with Judgements' Egg, and levels 5-8 can be substituted with Crackling Devices.
The main source of these are through a heist unlocked with Flask of Waswood Wellspring Water from Moulin Expeditions. First these must be acquired, then search Parabola for the location of a particular treasure (see Parabolan Hunting (Guide)). Finally you will have to go on a perilous heist to steal from The shaded estate on Hemlock Row. It's hard to estimate the efficiency in gathering these, but if an estimate on Moulin Expeditions (Guide) suggests around 150 actions in order to gather 6, but there will be some variation and there's a slight risk of failing the heists.
See Legal Grinding for the most up to date grinds.
The player will need up to 6 of these for levels 5-10. Levels 5-6 can be substituted with Judgements' Eggs, levels 5-8 can be substituted with Fragment of the Tragedy Procedures and levels 9-10 can be substituted with Oneiric Pearls. There are three main ways to obtain these:
- In the Khanate, you can purchase them in the market for 130 x Assortment of Khaganian Coinage or through the storylet Commission the manufacture of a Crackling Device for 60 x Assortment of Khaganian Coinage and 3000 x Nevercold Brass Sliver. Coinage can be gained e.g. by selling skeletons in the Khanate.
- Perform intrigue at the khanate. This should take 15 actions per crackling device (1 to start, 13 to build, and 1 to cash out). This is airs dependent as only A Repentant Thief gives these directly, but there are other options which instead gives Coinage. See Khaganian Intrigue (Guide) for details.
- Do the grind at L. B. Industries. This should take 21 actions per crackling device. (1 to start, 19 to build, and 1 to cash out). See L. B. Industries (Guide) for details.
See Curiosity Grinding for the most up to date grinds.
You will need between 4-6 of these for levels 9-14. Levels 9-10 can be substituted with Crackling Devices, which are easier to acquire in bulk. There are three main ways to obtain these:
- Perform intrigue at the khanate - this should take 15 actions per Oneiric Pearl. (1 to start, 13 to build, and 1 to cash out.) Again, this is dependent on the airs cooperating and giving you A Radical Physician. See Khaganian Intrigue (Guide) for details.
- Perform intrigues at the Khanate with Strength of your Khaganian Network 20, which should take 12 actions per Oneiric Pearl. (1 to start, 10 to build, and 1 to cash out.) This is only available for one pulling threads option, Leave him in his state, which means you will have to do other options as well and this will probably not be very efficient. See Khaganian Intrigue (Guide) for details.
- All the main zee dreams provide one upon completion. See Zailing (Guide) for details.
See Zee-Treasures Grinding for the most up to date grinds.
Scrap of Ivory Organza
You will need one of these for level 15. Unless you prefer spending Certifiable Scraps, you will need to build the appropriate cover identity and perform the robbery Con an Inconvenient Royal. This requires 10 Casing..., 80 Cover Identity: Backstory, 10 Cover Identity: Elaboration, 5 Cover Identity: Credentials, exactly 2 (Bazaar) Cover Identity: Ties, 5 Cover Identity: Nuance and 4 Magistracy of the Evenlode: Darkness. See Cover Identities (Guide) for more information.
See Rag Trade Grinding for the most up to date grinds.
You will need one of these for level 16. There are 2 ways to obtain this:
- 1 for any of the non-tied endings of the Chessboard campaign, the Cats campaign when the Prince rejects the King's offer or the Khatun ending of the Fingerkings campaign. See Parabolan War (Guide) for more information.
- Upconverting Oneiromantic Revelations; with Revelations sourced from the Sunken Embassy or Flint or Dagger, this can yield a Parable in as few as 91 actions. With Revelations sourced from the Khanate, this can yield a parable in as few as 79 actions.
See Cartography Grinding for the most up to date grinds.
You will need one of these for level 17. There are 2 ways to obtain this:
- Can be purchased for 3125 when the Rat-Wind blows West and the the Rat-Moon is Runny.
- You may Steal a precious manuscript: This costs 55CP Casing... and a cover identity with 80 x Cover Identity: Backstory, 10 x Cover Identity: Elaboration, 5 x Cover Identity: Credentials and 5 x Cover Identity: Nuance. See Cover Identities (Guide) for more information.
See Theological Grinding for the most up to date grinds.
You will need one of these for level 18. There are 3 ways to obtain this:
- Can be purchased for 3125 when the Rat-Wind blows North and the Rat-Moon is Soft.
- Acquire 31250 Stashed Treasure and Exchange a hoard of plunder for a Fabulous Diamond. See Piracy (Guide) for details.
- 1 from Larceny at Jericho Locks, Con a Seasoned Smuggler; requires and costs Casing... and a cover identity.
See Contraband Grinding for the most up to date grinds.
You will need 1 of these for level 19 The only way to obtain this is through khaganian intrigue. The carousel is started with Obtain a Corresponding Sounder and takes at least 77 actions. See Khaganian Intrigue (Guide) for details.
See Great Game Grinding for the most up to date grinds.
Vial of Masters' Blood
You will need one of these for level 20. There are 4 ways to obtain this:
- If you have not yet sold the location of the Cave of the Nadir, you can sell it to the Revolutionaries.
- Upconverting x 5 Vial of Tears of the Bazaar at a cost of x 7 Notability with A dangerous deal on A Presumptuous Little Opportunity;
- 1 in 31 chance of receiving one when milking a hellworm (requires Your Very Own Miniature Hellworm or Your Very Own Miniature Hellworm, Saddled and Bridled).
- Ambition: Bag a Legend! players get one through their ambition.
See Wines Grinding for the most up to date grinds.
Once you have sent up the Vial of Masters' Blood you will have 21 x Twilit Smuggler and have completed this statue quality.