Ambition: Nemesis (Guide)
This page may contain spoilers for Ambitions or other major storylines.
|This article is a work-in-progress |
This is currently just copied from Ambition: Bag a Legend (Guide) with a little editing.
Someone you loved is dead. You swore you'd scour the world for the killer. Your search brought you under the world.
This Ambition can be started in Ladybones Road with Watchful 6. You can check your progress at any time on the Myself tab under Ambition; the number after the Ambition title is the part of the story you're currently on.
This can be helpful when you're unsure where to go next; just find the corresponding part number below.
First steps (0–9)
Ladybones Road: Getting started
- Nemesis 0: Your search for your loved one's killer has brought you to the Neath. — Watchful 6.
- Nemesis 1: You have two clues. Find information on these odd petals. — Watchful 10.
Watchmaker's Hill: Meet with the Mumbling Bee-keeper.
- Nemesis 2: Convince the local monster-hunters to point you at the Mumbling Bee-keeper. — Dangerous 10.
- Nemesis 3: Pay off the Mumbling Bee-keeper's bar tab with 6 x Rat on a String.
- Nemesis 3a: Learn what the Mumbling Bee-keeper knows about these petals. — Watchful 15.
- Nemesis 4: Use 50 x Foxfire Candle Stub to make a bee repellent.
- Nemesis 4a: Search the Mumbling Bee-keeper's hive. — Dangerous 20.
- Nemesis 5: Find someone who can tell you about the Mumbling Bee-keeper's Key.
Veilgarden: Talk to the locksmith
- Finding Mackay: Find the locksmith. — Watchful 30.
- Reaching Mackay: Bring 120 x Drop of Prisoner's Honey and sell 60 of it to gain access to the honey-den.
- Interrogating Mackay: Get Mackay to tell you about the key.
- Who was it?: Who was it who died, that night?
Red Honey (9) (optional if you have an Uncanny Incunabulum to spend later)
- Forgotten Quarter: Get directions to the crypt where Mackay stored the red honey — Dangerous 42
- Forgotten Quarter 1: Follow the map to the crypt — Watchful 43
- Forgotten Quarter 2: Get past the deviless guarding the crypt
- Forgotten Quarter 3: Search the crypt for Traces of Red Honey — Watchful 49
- last traces: Get help making use of the Traces of Red Honey
- the Junior Fellow: Convince the Junior Fellow to speak with you
- Brewing up gaoler's honey: Use 350 x Drop of Prisoner's Honey, 10 x Bottled Oblivion, 5 x F.F. Gebrandt's Tincture of Vigour, and 100 x Jade Fragment to reactivate the Red Honey
- Taste Gaoler's Honey: Use the Drop of Gaoler's Honey in your inventory to enter the The Chambers of the Heart
The Cage-Garden (9-10)
- the Shuttered Palace: Bring a Set of Workman's Clothes to blend in and observe the servantry — Watchful 52
- the Shuttered Palace 1: Find out where the Jingling Servant goes every day
- the Shuttered Palace 2: Get the keys to the Cage-Garden
- the Shuttered Palace 3: Unlock the door to the Cage-Garden — Watchful 59
- the Shuttered Palace 4: Give the password to the Cage-Garden
- the Shuttered Palace 5: Get a tour of the Cage-Garden
- Take the tour, OR
- Strike the Cage-keeper down! — Dangerous 63
- the Shuttered Palace 6: Get information about Scathewick
If you strike the Cage-keeper down before questioning him:
- the Shuttered Palace 7: Free the prisoners by successfully battling your way through the bees 4 times, spending 100 x Foxfire Candle Stub per attempt — Dangerous 70
- the Shuttered Palace 8: Ask the newly-ex-prisoners about Scathewick
- to the tomb-colonies?: Ask where to find Carrywell — Watchful 73
Wolfstack Docks: Catch a steamer to the tomb-colonies
- to Venderbight: Bring 120 x Silk Scrap, 40 x Maniac's Prayer, and Suspicion less than 5 to the Docks to get yourself on board
The tomb-colony of Venderbight: Hunt down Carrywell
To do: fill out a lot more steps in between
The Book of Red Murder (160-190)
Search for the mirror-shard (190)
This is the notorious "Knifegate". You'll have to buy 77 Ravenglass Knife (15,769.60 E) or 777 Skyglass Knife (9,945.60E). Worse, either option involves a luck check and if you fail you still lose 1/7th of the knives.
You now have to use some animal friends to scout out and repair the mirror in the Bazaar. This involves a quality called Ambition: A Crack in the Veneer (abbreviated as ACitV which starts out at zero and each attempt is a check on the same quality. You gain a bit with every attempt using the bats or the spiders (more on success, less on fail), plus Suspicion. You probably don't want to burn your frost-moth or Rattus Faber until it's high enough to give a good chance of success. You complete this storylet when A Mirror Made Whole is set to 5.
|Sulky Bat||ACitV 100||5 x ACitV||3 x ACitV
-1 x Sulky Bat
|Fairly Tame Sorrow-Spider||ACitV 75||10 x ACitV||5 x ACitV|
|Complaisant Frost-Moth||ACitV 250||A Mirror Made Whole to 5||15 x ACitV|
|Rattus Faber Bandit-Chief||ACitV 200||A Mirror Made Whole to 5||5 x ACitV|