Elder Grinding (Guide)
From Fallen London Wiki
- 36-48 for options on Working for the Widow
- 81 for Offer cures for coughs and colds at Persuasive 71, or 124 for Offer cures for gout, dropsy and scrofula at Persuasive 74 (requires x2 ). Requires A Name Signed with a Flourish 4-6
- 51–450 for A sure bet (2 actions; average 125 per action) at Dangerous 100; requires x 20 and PoSI
- 4500 for A rather poor edition; averages 243 per action. See Publishing a Newspaper (Guide) for more information.
The Magistracy of the Evenlode
- 300 for Search the lowest Floors at Watchful 220 while Diving in the Magistracy at Diving Depth 6; also gives you x 4 First City Coin.
Relic of the Third City
- 11 in exchange for x 10 for The fellow in the corner at Shadowy 100; requires PoSI
- 1 for Follow a conjurer
- 1-4 for Emancipate a Clay Man; costs x 1 Strong-Backed Labour. With labour sourced from Underclay, this can reach 0.94 Relics per action.
- 100 for In the bag you go at Orthos is Coming! 9; this can be done once per 20-action visit to the island. See Corpsecage Island for more information.
- 3 for Reach towards the shore (Airs 0-49); averages either 3 every 4 or 8 actions, depending on your willingness to cycle Airs of Parabola by repeatedly entering and leaving the Waswood.
- The Deep Layer
- Wages of a Dig/60; works out at 6.1 per action when using the strategy outlined in the guide.
- 4 for Go as far as you can on the card The Geology of Winewound
- 7 for Lead him astray on the card Stone by stone
- Upconverting Jade Fragments; with Jade sourced from Magistracy diving, this can reach up to about 18 Relics per action.
- Can be purchased from Merrigans Exchange for 0.20
Mystery of the Elder Continent
- 10 for Dispose of fifty Trophies via the Acquisitive Relicquarian; see The Crowds of Spite (Guide) for more information.
- 70 for breeding the Plated Seal with just toadstools; requires at least 8 actions and a Plated Seal
- 2 for Walk along the beach; gives a total over 22 over the 27-action carousel. See Time Passing at Hunter's Keep (Guide) for more information.
- 1 for Press him for information about the Elder Continent; costs x 100 Foxfire Candle Stub and x 100 Lump of Lamplighter Beeswax and requires that you sided with the Big Rat; alternatively, gain 1 for x 50 Bottle of Greyfields 1882 via See if the Big Rat can become intoxicated
- 10 for upconverting x 50 Relic of the Third City.
- Alternatively, 105 for upconverting x 500 Relic of the Third City; with Relics sourced from Moulin expeditions, this reaches 1.26 per action.
- Side-converting from Newspaper-sourced Journal of Infamy; this gives 5.70 per action.
- Buy Maniac's Prayer in The Rat Market, then upconvert once and sideconvert 2 times. Depending on the efficiency of your source of Rat-Shillings, this gives the following overall efficiency:
- 60% chance of getting 8 when upconverting Bottles of Broken Giant 1844
- 1 for Get a very good look at the fruit on the card As Big as your Head
- 1 for Persuade him to bend the law till it breaks on the card What about your Maverick Bloodhound?
- 7 for Propose an alliance on the card The Devil and the Child; takes 3 actions
- 2 for Spend the night in the well to prove there's nothing to be scared of on the card Amber in the well; takes 3 actions
- 1 for either option on The Ring of Roses: Take Part in an Illegal Fighting Ring; costs x 5 Tale of Terror!!
- ( Attar) for Offer your Attar to the Temple in Near Arbor.
- ( Arbor: Permission to Linger) for Serve as a Serpent-Shepherd in Far Arbor
- 3 for Share secrets with the Arbori; costs x 3 Extraordinary Implication in Far Arbor
- 2 for Dispose of fifty Trophies via the Acquisitive Relicquarian; see The Crowds of Spite (Guide) for more information.
- 2 for Trade your documents with London's Ambassador 3 when robbing The Circumspect Envoy's Townhouse. For more information, see On a Heist (Guide).
- 15 for breeding the Plated Seal with just discipline; requires at least 8 actions, plus however many it takes to get the Plated Seal.
- 1 for success at A dangerous source
- ( Striped Delights / 30 + 2, rounded to the nearest integer) for cashing in Striped Delights at the end of a term; see Port Carnelian (Guide) for more information.
- 1 for Enter the door marked 'Communications' when robbing the factory; this can be done on average once every 4-action break-in.
- An amount depending on your Monograph's Tragic (potentially up to 44) when selling to The Genteel Elder; see Writing a Monograph (Guide) for more information.
- 1 for success on Try to remember's narrow Steward of the Discordance 9 check.
- 1 for An audience with His Amused Lordship on the card City Vices: ask the Sardonic Music-Hall Singer to help you. Costs 1 CP of Acquaintance: the Sardonic Music-Hall Singer.
- 10 for upconverting x 50 Mystery of the Elder Continent; with mysteries upconverted from newspaper-sourced relics, this reaches 1.02 per action.
- 6 for selling the left-hand side of the Screaming Map.
- 1 for Trade your documents with London's Ambassador 4; see On a Heist (Guide) for more information.
- 1 for Steal an Antique Mystery from Feducci; costs 32 CP of Casing.... See Casing (Guide) for more information.
- 2 for failing the Watchful check at the end of the Chalcocite Pagoda expedition; see Forgotten Quarter Expeditions (Guide) for more information.
- 3 for breeding the Plated Seal with just keeping away devils; requires at least 8 actions and a Plated Seal.
The Museum of Prelapsarian History
- 1 for Converse on the Correspondence; with Curator's Gratitude obtained as described in the guide, this requires around 19.6 actions per mystery.
- 1 for Send her home; can cost a variety of different materials and two actions.
- ( Striped Delights / 70, rounded to the nearest integer) for cashing in Striped Delights at the end of a term; see Port Carnelian (Guide) for more information.
- 1 for Meet with a bright and fading mind at the end of the 14-action Port Cecil carousel.
- 5 for upconverting x 25 Presbyterate Passphrases (also uses x 1 Favours: Tomb-Colonies); with passphrases upconverted from newspaper-sourced relics, this averages 5.32 actions per mystery.
- Use 10 actions and a Trade Secret for ...something else. to get 5 Antique Mysteries and 1 Searing Enigma.
- 1 for A notable success – eavesdrop; see Cat and Mouse (Guide) for more information.
- 2 for Give him honey and a pen, requiring on average 13.31 actions and 8.18 in materials. See Fidgeting Writer (Guide) for more information.
- 1 has a 1/8 chance of being the reward for the A Shrine of the Deep Blue Heaven expedition (requires 20 x Crate of Expedition Supplies and at least 9 actions); see Forgotten Quarter Expeditions (Guide) for more information.
- 1 can be obtained at a cost of x 20 Tribute by Enjoy an extended walk through the fungal jungle with the Minister of War; takes 4 actions, requires The Minister of War.
- 1 for Leave the barge (The Eversmoulder); costs 6 Esteem of the Guild and 2 actions. See Canal Cruising in Jericho Locks (Guide) for more information.
- 1 for stealing and decoding Cornelius' messages; requires at least 16 actions for Midnighters and 20 for non-Midnighters.
- Upconverting Antique Mysteries; with mysteries upconverted from newspaper-sourced Mysteries of the Elder Continent, this requires ~26.6 actions per Hint.
- 1 for smashing a Lens of Black Glass; costs 56.23 actions and 47.71 in materials on average. See Fidgeting Writer (Guide) for more information.
Elemental Secrets can be purchased from the Rat Market when Direction of the Rat-Wind: is South and Phase of the Rat-Moon: is Hard for 3125 ; see The Rat Market (Guide) for more information. They may also be sourced at a cost of x 4 Oneiromantic Revelation and x 3 Antique Mystery while oneiropomping for Madame Petrovsky, or through the death of a well-educated Noman.