Rumour Grinding (Guide)
From Fallen London Wiki
- 6–45 (average 25.5) for A literary sort of fist-fight at Dangerous 110; requires PoSI
- 50 for Dispose of seventy trophies; see The Crowds of Spite (Guide) for more information.
- 100 for Rob the main archive at the Ministry of Public Decency; this takes at least 5 actions to get the required Casing..., giving a rate of at most 17 per action. For those without access to Parabola, this drops to at most 10 per action. See Casing (Guide) for more information.
- 315 for Trade favours with revolutionaries for 3 x Favours: Revolutionaries
- 300 or 400 for Accept a share of the crates cleared out of Saint Cyriac's Illuminated College or Claim the crates cleared out of Saint Cyriac's Illuminated College when intervening in a Dockers' brawl. The former gives at most 50 per action (60 per action if you have a Special Dispensation and are brawling on the side of order, or with certain items of Whitsun clothing) and the latter gives at most 57.1 or 66.7 per action with harder checks. See Brawling with Dockers (Guide) for more information.
- 26 for The Committee on Semiotic Safety at Watchful 104; requires Watchful 97 and locked with Unwelcome at the University -. See Embarking on a Voyage of Scientific Discovery (Guide) if Unwelcome.
- ( Advertising Profile: Name Recognition - 1250) / 4 for completing the Cosmic Matchmaker campaign; see A Trade in Reputations (Guide) for more information.
- 450 for Escort duty, on success at the end of the 15-action Working toward a Foreign Posting (Guide) carousel, giving a rate of at most 30 Proscribed Material per action.
- The Upper Layer
- ( Wages of a Dig - 1250) / 4; works out at 77.2 per action when using the strategy outlined in the guide.
- 41–55 (failure: 25, average on success: 48) for Sift through the pages ( Watchful 150) using The Censored Census of 1862
- Can be purchased from Crawcase Cryptics for 0.08
Inkling of Identity
- 5-24 for Take brandy in the parlour from Mrs Chapman's Boarding House for Those Who Temporarily Have Nowhere Else To Go storylet, depending on base Persuasive; requires The Season in Soup at exactly 3 (currently not available).
- 5 for Discuss a minor case; requires having completed The Case of the Absconding Devil (i.e. having A Name in Seven Secret Alphabets 3) and The Case of the Starving Poet
- 7 for Attend: and be erudite at Persuasive 66; requires A Name Signed with a Flourish 4.
- 5 for Publish poetry in praise of the Duchess
- 10 for 'Obtain' licences from the Ministry of Public Decency at Persuasive 98, costs x 200 Moon-pearl
- Can be purchased for 1 from Crow-Crease Cryptics (at cost)
- 25 for Investigate the Clay Highwayman: Ask the Constables on the card Who is the Clay Highwayman?; requires On the Trail of the Clay Highwayman 99 or less.
- 10 for Give her something, for the sake of appearances on the card The Soft-Hearted Widow; consumes x 20 Moon-pearl
- Upconverting from Proscribed Materials; amount per action ranges from about 4 for Material sourced from the Ministry of Public Decency to about 24.8 when sourcing from Moulin.
Scrap of Incendiary Gossip
- 1-5 for Promenade (Season 3) or A Port Carnelian marinade from Mrs Chapman's Boarding House for Those Who Temporarily Have Nowhere Else To Go storylet, depending on base Persuasive; requires The Season in Soup at 3 or 4 (currently not available).
- 88 on average for Breed the Plated Seal 6 via Fungus and Pious Wrath; requires at least 15 actions and a Plated Seal.
- Salacious Copy + Meritorious Copy - 28 from Publish a seditious edition; see Publishing a Newspaper (Guide) for more information.
- 5 for Instruct the lamp-cats in the coral calcification of the locals, for a total of 30 over the 14-action Port Cecil carousel.
The Magistracy of the Evenlode
- 3 for Address the main usher 2
- 11-12 with Trade rumours with the Calculating Lapidary; costs x 1 Rumour of the Upper River
- 5 for Dangerous pastimes, consumes x 100 Whispered Hint and x 1 Implacable Detective's Business Card; see Cat and Mouse (Guide) for more information
- Upconverting from Inkling of Identity; with inklings upconverted from Moulin material, this reaches 4.96 per action.
- Buy Inkling of Identity in The Rat Market, then upconvert once. Depending on the efficiency of your source of Rat-Shillings, this gives the following overall efficiency:
- Side-converting from Newspaper-sourced Journal of Infamy; this gives 5.22 per action.
- Discordant Ripples (Frozen) 4 gives 10-11
- Discordant Ripples (Mouth) 5 gives 10
- 5 per action when making fun of Madame Shoshana during the Waswood's Reflection of the Election of 1897. See The Sacroboscan Calendar (Guide) for scheduling.
- 2 per action from Have a chat in the shadow of the wheel. Requires Acquainted with Miriam Plenty's Past.
An Identity Uncovered!
- 3 from Send the Unfinished Man to teach Fourth City History; averages 0.6 identities per action. See Underclay (Guide).
- In mysteries lets Ontological Cartographers and Monster-Hunter pay out their Professional Activities (Guide) in identities and other items. Up to about 0.24 per action for Ontological Cartographers and 0.16 per action for Monster-Hunter.
- 4 for An edition brimming with truth and wisdom when publishing a newspaper, requires x 104 (not achievable without end-game qualities); see Publishing a Newspaper (Guide) for more information.
- 1 through Protest the Jovial Contrarian's Campaign or Upset the Captivating Princess' dignity when the Waswood remembers the 1896 election.
- 1 for Ask where Furnace got her name ( Persuasive 200, increased by Tracklayers' Displeasure), on success
- 1 for Ask whether Furnace Ancona ever comes out this way ( Persuasive 180, increased by Tracklayers' Displeasure), on success
The Magistracy of the Evenlode
- 1 for Try to join with the game of cards again in the Constabulary. Requires no stat checks, and gains no menace.
- An amount that scales with Approximate Value of Your Skeleton in Pennies for Export the Skeleton of a Neathy Bird. Implausibility is no concern.
- Culinary Ingredient Value/250 when you sell certain dishes to Dr Schlomo. See A Kitchen for Artists (Guide) for more information.
- 1 for Enter the Gatehouse in The Very Walls of Hell. Requires no stat checks, and gains no menace.
- In the Upper River, 2 from Wager a penny on a hand of Spite Dr. Blemmigan on the card The Urchins' Games; requires having opened a station at the Magistracy and Constant Cufflinks (or certain endings of Heart's Desire).
- Upconverting from Scrap of Incendiary Gossip; with gossip side-converted from newspaper-sourced journals this reaches 0.95 per action.
- 1 from Send an Unfinished Man to Wolfstack Docks; requires at least 7 actions per blackmail. See Underclay (Guide) for more information.
- Can be purchased from Crow-Crease Cryptics for 250 (100% markup)
- 1 from Attend a Funeral, at the conclusion of the 15-action Riding the Savage Cobbles carousel.
- 1 for completing the Cosmic Matchmaker campaign; see A Trade in Reputations (Guide) for more information.
- 1 for Attract a companion for the rest of the evening; costs -210 CP Fascinating...
- 1 for Fabricate blackmail material; takes 4 actions and x 2 Intercepted Cablegram. You can obtain the cablegrams at a rate of 0.6 actions for 2 via Tap the underzee cable. See Khaganian Intrigue (Guide) for more information.
- Up-convert from Scrap of Incendiary Gossip on the Wanted: Reminders of Brighter Days card
- Discordant Ripples (Frozen) 1 gives 1
Rumour of the Upper River
- 1 for Discover her beliefs with A Crooked Cross
- 1 for Sell him a Viric Lizard; costs x 1 Viric Lizard
- Skeleton: Support for a Counter-church Theology x for Sell your Skeleton to the Sculptress
- Any action that moves you between railway stations, with the exception of Ealing Gardens to London, will give a rumour.
- Speak to the Remorseless Archaeologist in Jericho Locks is a notable option as well. While it costs 1 x Hinterland Scrip to use this option, it averages 1.5 x Hinterland Scrip in additional Survey of the Neath's Bones, making it overall more profitable than moving between stations.
Mortification of a Great Power
- 1 for Send an inordinately enormous stack of documents to Mount Palmerston; requires at least 18 actions per mortification. See The Sunken Embassy (Guide) for more information.
- 3 for the Enforce your demands ending of the A Second City Vengeance campaign; see Parabolan War (Guide) for more information.
The Magistracy of the Evenlode
- 1 for Breathe an ancient air; costs x 75 Final Breath
- 1 for A Bandaged Naval Officer, A Shapeless Aristocrat or An Idle Soldier; requires at least 15 actions and x 2 Intercepted Cablegram. You can obtain the cablegrams at a rate of 0.6 actions for 2 via Tap the underzee cable. See Khaganian Intrigue (Guide) for more information.
- Can be purchased for 3125 when the Rat-Wind blows South and the the Rat-Moon is Blue.
- Can be purchased for x 680 Certifiable Scrap from the Curt Relicker.
- 1 for A long list (Deciphering a Document); requires that you Sell a very advanced identity to Spies ( 500 Cover Identity: Backstory, 6 Cover Identity: Credentials, 6 Cover Identity: Nuance, 6 Cover Identity: Witnesses, 10 Cover Identity: Elaboration and exactly 1 Cover Identity: Ties (Surface)) and at least 16 further actions of decoding for Midnighters (20 for non-Midnighters). See Cover Identities (Guide) for more information.
- Can be purchased from the Curt Relicker for x 3200 Certifiable Scrap