Currency Grinding (Guide)
See Money-Making for gathering echoes, Hinterland Scrip-Making for gathering Hinterland Scrip and The Rat Market (Guide) for Rat-Shillings
First City Coin
- 1 for Dispose of sixty trophies; see The Crowds of Spite (Guide) for more information.
- 1 for success on Contribute some expertise to her next novel; this is a Kataleptic Toxicology 6 check.
The Magistracy of the Evenlode
- 8-9 for Search the lower floors, or 4 for Search the lowest Floors.
- The Deep Layer
- Wages of a Dig/100; works out at 3.64 per action when using the strategy outlined in the guide.
- Also on expeditions, you get 4 on average from Dig it up! on A Lesser Find.
- 10 for A bag of jangling coins on the card A Gift from the Capering Relicker; requires a station at Ealing Gardens. With Someone Is Coming sourced at 1CP/action, this averages 1 per action.
- Various options on Ambition: Heart's Desire (The Bishop of St Fiacre's 4)
- 60% chance of getting 2 when upconverting Compromising Documents.
- 1 for A smaller bazaar on the card The Awful Temptation of Money.
- Have someone give 30 coins to you
Fistful of Surface Currency
- 100–400 for Shake down your agent (6 actions; average 41.7 per action) at Persuasive 110; requires PoSI
- 84 for Accept a share of the coffer of Admiralty coinage or Claim the coffer of Admiralty coinage; this nets about 42 per action, see Brawling with Dockers (Guide) for more information.
- 140 for A conversation with the Commissioner of Police; costs 1 x Favours: Constables
- 340 from The Landlord's Safe when robbing The mansion of an Unsympathetic Landlord; see On a Heist (Guide) for more information.
- 500-750 for Sell her an Epaulette Mate; Epaulette Mates can be sourced from The Chessboard, so this averages up to 50-75 per action.
- (100 + (( Approximate Value of Your Skeleton in Pennies + Zoological Mania Bonus) / 3) when you Sell to the Dreary Midnighter; requires a skeleton that is neither chimera or Curator, with no Skeleton: Amalgamy or Skeleton: Support for a Counter-church Theology, and is only available with Occasional Buyer: The Dreary Midnighter.
- 400 for A bag of jangling coins on A Gift from the Capering Relicker; if Someone Is Coming is sourced at 1CP/action, this gives 36.4 per action.
- 333 for A sack of coins on Secrets and Spending; when sourcing Counting the Days via the usual carousel, this averages 15.1 per action.
- 200 for Supply Halcyonic Tonic to a Surface Power on the Upper River card The Railway and the Great Game. It takes on average 6 actions and 2 x Extraordinary Implication to obtain the Halcyonic Tonic, so this averages 28.6 per action.
- Selling lightbulbs gives 400 on a failure; the Currency/action of this method depends heavily on how low you can get your Persuasive and how efficiently you can get Assortment of Khaganian Coinage.
Assortment of Khaganian Coinage
Khaganian coins can be obtained from selling skeletons to the Trifling Diplomat, or x 20 can be purchased for 20 , both in The Copper Quarter. From Midday until Evening in Khan's Heart, x 200 Surface-Silk Scrap can be exchanged for x 40 , and various amounts of coinage can be obtained by completing various Intrigues 12-action intrigues (each costing an Emetic Revelation to start); see Khaganian Intrigue (Guide) for more information.
Khan's Heart also has the Khaganian Markets, where various items may be sold for Assortment of Khaganian Coinage.
- 2 for Accept old coins as a reward; this requires at least 5.5 actions per coin. See L. B. Industries (Guide) for more information.
- Cracking open a crate from the the Peaceable & Godly Trading Company has a 1 in 10 chance of giving one.
- In mysteries lets Ontological Cartographers and Monster-Hunters pay out their Professional Activities (Guide) in justificandes and other items. Up to about 1 every 16.7 actions for Ontological Cartographers and 25 actions for Monster-Hunters.
- 3 for robbing The Home of an Admiral's Widow; costs 3 x Favours: The Docks
- 1 or 2 for Accept a share of the coffer of Admiralty coinage or Claim the coffer of Admiralty coinage, requiring at least 2 actions; see Brawling with Dockers (Guide) for more information.
- 1 for Allow yourself to be sacrificed; also generates +2 CP Wounds and requires 5 actions of setup for each sacrifice. See The Chessboard (Guide) for more information.
- 3 for A bag of jangling coins on the card A Gift from the Capering Relicker; requires a station at Ealing Gardens. With Someone Is Coming sourced at 1CP/action, this averages 0.3 Coins per action.
- 1-3 for Sell valuable propaganda to the Veteran Revolutionary, an anti-Liberationist, costing x 1 Corrective Historical Narrative on the card Which meeting?; alternatively, x 1 Special Dispensation can be exchanged for 1-5 Coins on the same card.