Luminosity Grinding (Guide)
From Fallen London Wiki
Lump of Lamplighter Beeswax
- 51-150 for A lovely thought at Watchful 100, average 100.5; requires PoSI
- 0.4* Modified Dangerous+30 for Light a candle, and wait; requires 2 actions of set-up.
- 380 per action at Watchful 297 for Seek out spy-holes while Seeking Documents in the Sunken Embassy, eventually paid out with Send a binder of documents to Mount Palmerston; requires 4 actions of set-up. See The Sunken Embassy (Guide) for more information.
- Up to 300 per action at Dangerous 292, or higher with advanced stats and/or airs options, for Claim the crates destined for Iron and Misery with ~4 actions setup for Intervene in a Dockers' Brawl; requires Involved in a Railway Venture. See Brawling with Dockers (Guide) for more information.
- 6000 for An Ode to the Elder Continent; with Inspired... sourced from The lead or Seek inspiration from your Prismatic Squidling, this takes 42 actions and averages 143 per action. With Inspired... sourced from Composition: the high path, this becomes 38 actions and 158 per action, if you can reliably get 125 honey per action from the lab. Alternatively, A Political Anthem! gives 3000, but as it is less efficient and also gives Scandal it's probably the worse choice. See Carving out a Reputation at Court (Guide) for more information.
- Can be purchased from Merrigans Exchange for 0.02
- Can be purchased for x 20 Moon-Pearl from the Midnight Market
- 250 can be purchased for x 45 Assortment of Khaganian Coinage from Purchase a box of lightbulbs
- Buy from Merry Gun's Exchange for 1 (at value)
- An average of 440 for Breed the Plated Seal via Toadstools and a Stick; takes 15 actions and a Plated Seal. See Breeding Monsters (Guide) for more information.
- An average of 270 for Breed the Tomb-Lion via A Firm Hand; takes 15 actions and a Tomb-Lion
- 450 for an alternative success on Sponsor a trading voyage to the farthest reaches of the zee; costs x 2000 Drop of Prisoner's Honey, 10 and 5 actions.
- Upconverting Lump of Lamplighter Beeswax; with Beeswax sourced from the Sunken Embassy, this works out to 28.9 per action (ignoring the 4 action spelunking tax). Increases Advancing the Liberation of Night:.
- Can be purchased for 0.25 from Merrigans Exchange
Memory of Light
See this flowchart for finding the optimal Memory of Light grind for your circumstances
- 1-5 per action for Promenade (Season 2) and A flavour of Dahut from Mrs Chapman's Boarding House for Those Who Temporarily Have Nowhere Else To Go storylet, depending on base Persuasive; requires The Season in Soup at exactly 2 or 3 (Promenade currently available, Dahut currently not available).
- Selling a skeleton to an Investment-Minded Ambassador or an Antique skeleton to the Colourful Phantasist (who is an Occasional Buyer:) pay out in Memory of Light. See Assembling a Skeleton (Guide) for more information.
- 1-10 per action (average 5 rather than 5.5) for Take a stroll along the waterfront from Explore the Copper Quarter storylet.
- Side-converting from Newspaper-sourced Journal of Infamy; this gives 3.73 per action.
- Upconverting en-masse from x 500 Phosphorescent Scarabs will yield x 105 Memory of Light. With Scarabs upconverted from Sunken Embassy beeswax, this works out to 5.7 per action.
- Buy Phosphorescent Scarab in The Rat Market, then upconvert once. Depending on the efficiency of your source of Rat-Shillings, this gives the following overall efficiency:
- 8 when you Send your report to certain bandaged gentlemen at the end of A Boxful of Intrigue carousel (which requires A Survivor of the Affair of the Box 12). Averages 0.57 per action, see A Boxful of Intrigue (Guide) for more information.
- 10 for Unveil your Painting (Nostalgic + Luminosity), or 2 for Unveil your Painting (Incendiary + Nostalgic). See Painting in Balmoral (Guide) for more information.
- An amount depending on your monograph's Tragic (potentially up to 38) when you sell to The Charismatic Tracklayer; requires Moulin: Darkness 6, having incorporated a Corrective Narrative and Colour at the Chessboard Black. This raises Advancing the Liberation of Night:. See Writing a Monograph (Guide) for more information.
- 1 for Dive into the Lilymire.
- Upconverting from Memory of Light; with memories upconverted from Sunken Embassy beeswax, this averages 1.1 per action.
Tailfeather Brilliant as Flame
- 1 for selling an Epaulette Mate to the Investment-Minded Ambassador
- 0.8*( Skeleton: Antiquity)2 for Sell your skeleton to the Ambassador; 0.8*( Skeleton: Antiquity)2.1 on an Antiquity week. See Assembling a Skeleton (Guide) for more information.
- 0.25 on average from Drink it; takes x 1 Flask of Waswood Wellspring Water. See Moulin Expeditions (Guide) for more information.
- 1 for rare successes on See the sights or Wander the Quarter
- 1 for a rare success on A Shrine of the Deep Blue Heaven (requires at least x 20 Crate of Expedition Supplies and 9 actions); see Forgotten Quarter Expeditions (Guide) for more information
- Can be purchased for 625 when the Rat-Wind blows East and the the Rat-Moon is Hard.
- The only way to create lenses is Order the grinding of a bejewelled lens in the Bazaar Side-Streets. For most players and characters, the limiting ingredient will be Magnificent Diamonds; consult Contraband Grinding for how best to acquire them.
- 1 for Send the Unfinished Man to the Khanate; requires at least 23 actions per sherd. See Underclay (Guide) for more information.
- Can be purchased for 3125 when the Rat-Wind blows East and the the Rat-Moon is Soft.
- 1 for the Second City conclusion of Study the Prelapsarian history of the Red Science; requires Laboratory Research 2700, Expertise of the Second City 10, and Irrigo.
- 1 for finishing the Cats campaign having accepted the offer; see Parabolan War (Guide) for more information.
- 1 for Equip the stove to wander the Neath on its own; costs x 777 Correspondence Plaque and x 1 Cartographer's Hoard, as well as a great many plaques and actions to get to that point.
- Upconverting x 5 Eyeless Skull; also costs x 1 Favours: Revolutionaries and advances the Liberation of Night.